NAD: Carr Skylark Incoming

KultscharKultschar Frets: 46
edited April 3 in Amps
Had a bit of a weird day yesterday - been using the Cortex and Fractal the last few years and for some unknown reason started getting into a Valve / analogue fixation (think it was too much time listening to the purity of Knopfler and Gilmour albums of late lol)

Anyhow several days of research and countless videos I found myself fixated on boutique amps and the Carr Skylark touched a nerve.  Yesterday I chucked a fair offer to Coda for a used minter expecting to be knocked back but this morning woke up to my iPhone notifying me it has been accepted.

I don't gig and fancied something boutique with attenuation that is good and this looks the ticket for me.     Looks cool as hell in brown gator and maybe I will be allowed to keep it in the lounge

Im away at the moment so will be a while before I get my hands on it.   Now I need to balance the books a little with some excess guitars and synths as I also have an acoustic and a few Effectrode pedals on route!!!!!    That reminds me - I really should have a proper modelling shootout also and ditch one!

Anyhow - not been excited by a guitar purchase in a long time.     My Vox AC30 CC2X has been stored in my garage for about 8 years as it was a bit of an uneducated purchase at the time when I was younger!!!   My back hurts just thinking about digging it out to sell.

Anyone here still using the Skylark?     

PS - that Bel-Ray looks like one hell of an amp

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5170
    edited April 3
    I had one when they were fairly new off the block….ticked a lot of boxes for me…but it didn’t blow me away for the outlay…and for me, I don’t mind spending they money if I’m getting the sonic benefits….I’d just got rid of a Blackstar Artisan 15, which was wonderfully 3D in its sound…..the Carr is a cracking amp though….
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 366
    I’ve had one for around 7 years now. I love it, I only use it at home and I can’t fault it. The attenuator is fantastic.
  • KultscharKultschar Frets: 46
    DoctorX said:
    I’ve had one for around 7 years now. I love it, I only use it at home and I can’t fault it. The attenuator is fantastic.
    Yes im really looking forward to playing late at a decent level with what appears to be an awesome tone.   

Are you using any FX thru it or just sweet amp tone
  • allenallen Frets: 710
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1059
    Always wanted one of these
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27109
    Nice one. If I had a lot more money I think I'd have a housefull of Carr stuff
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 366
    Kultschar said:
    DoctorX said:
    Yes im really looking forward to playing late at a decent level with what appears to be an awesome tone.   

Are you using any FX thru it or just sweet amp tone
    Bit of both
  • GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3579
    Carr amps are great, but of course subject (as is everything) to the law of diminishing returns. 

Some classics, though. Hammerhead 2, Artemus, Rambler, Vincent. I'd love to try the Impala.