NGD: Squier Paranormal Jazzmaster XII

What's Hot
I’ve been wanting one of these for some time and the lake placid blue version is on Gear4music at £355, most other places seem to be nearer £400 so i bought one as its a good price.
Ordered tuesday and it arrived yesterday evening which was really good for 99p postage.
Have to say for the money its a lovely looking guitar.
The neck is glossy and the finish flawless although it does seem darker than the Lpb on my mexican telecaster.
The laurel fretboard is a little dry but actually looks not unlike a lighter rosewood and the frets are very nice - compared to my paranormal offset tele frets which were scratchy and needed dressing.
The action seems low and ok on this one.
The hockey stick headstock might be a bit marmite but i quite like it, looks like the Villager headstock.
i’ve never had a 12 string before so i guess getting use to it will be challenging.
Not had chance to plug it in my amp yet only my practice amp but it does sound nice and jangly.
Its come with 10’s fitted - at the moment i dont plan doing anything to it other than a proper setup - can anyone recommend a good set of strings for it?
I usually have 9’s on my other guitars not 10’s
A few reviews online recommend swapping out the pickups for fender pure vintage 65’s but i’ll see how i get on stock first.
https://imgur.com/a/CKboXdv
0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    Absolutely love these. Congrats! After you spend a few hours tuning it up let us know how it sounds electrified. ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mankytommankytom Frets: 227
    That’s a beauty! Looks really good. Amazing what you can get for not much cash! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1131
    Congratulations on your new guitar. Those look great, and if I didn't already have a LPB Electric XII, I'd buy one. I use D'Addario XL150 10-46 on mine. 

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11749
    Great price and a nice looking thing @suspiciousminds - HNGD
  • Congratulations on your new guitar. Those look great, and if I didn't already have a LPB Electric XII, I'd buy one. I use D'Addario XL150 10-46 on mine. 

Thats a beauty!
  • john_rjohn_r Frets: 130
    Cool guitars,enjoy! I have a white/blonde one and love it.
  • HenrytwangHenrytwang Frets: 471
    I have a Squier Paranormal twelve string in lake placid blue, it’s a really nice guitar which sounds great. The neck width at the nut is a little narrower than many twelve string electric guitars I’ve played although not as narrow as a Rickenbacker.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3215
    edited April 5
    Congratulations on your new guitar. Those look great, and if I didn't already have a LPB Electric XII, I'd buy one. I use D'Addario XL150 10-46 on mine. 

How do you do you find the action on these? I had a squier vista 12 string back in the day and it was impossible to get a decent action on. 
    Edit: I should add these look great, so I’m hoping you are going to tell me they’ve sorted that with these! 
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1131

How do you do you find the action on these? I had a squier vista 12 string back in the day and it was impossible to get a decent action on. 
    Edit: I should add these look great, so I’m hoping you are going to tell me they’ve sorted that with these! 
    @Teyeplayer ;The action was excellent out of the box, remarkably low and easy to play. I had to tweak the intonation on a couple of strings to get it to play nicely in the upper registers, however it's not really a guitar for shredding anyway. The neck width is the best I've ever played on any 12 string.
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 187
    I made mine a lefty. Have a PV65 pickup to fit in the bridge to make this a bit less aggressive. Hottest JM pickup ever, put in a xii  =)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    Those look great. I'm not sure I'd have enough use for a 12 to justify buying one, but I've always sort of wanted one for as long as I can remember. If a space opens in my small collection I'd love to pick one up.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom