Valve issue?

What's Hot
bencowling81bencowling81 Frets: 420
My Maz 18 when turned up is intermittently losing volume (not completely but I'd say at least half), then comes back in, almost like a very very slow tremolo effect. Is this common and is it likely a valve issue?

Any help much appreciated.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1636
    When it dies next time try to check if the heaters have dimmed  you might have a bad joint some where in the filament circuit.

Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    ecc83 said:
    When it dies next time try to check if the heaters have dimmed  you might have a bad joint some where in the filament circuit.
    This. Slow fade out and back in is a filament issue, either one valve or the whole supply. The first thing to do is check if it affects all the valves or just one.

If it’s just one, it could be as simple as a dirty contact between the valve and the socket.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bencowling81bencowling81 Frets: 420
    Thank you @ecc83 and @ICBM - I’ll try to see what’s happening around the back next time it does it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom