New Gretsch Day

What's Hot
ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2026
My first Gretsch. Always been tempted and have been keeping an eye out for one of these, smaller body a bit more comfortable sitting down. 

Second hand. 2022 I think - came with the upgraded roller bridge and the vibramate string changer thing as well as a new roller bar slightly higher than the norm. 

Tuning stability really great with a decent amount of wobble and the pickups sound fine to me - Stray Cat licks through the tweed Blues Junior a-plenty to annoy the neighbours this afternoon. 

Much more bling than I'd usually accept but sexy, I think.

Anything I should know? Bridge pickup a bit quieter than neck - I seem to remember from other discussions that the pickups should be as high as possible - is that right?

0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• steersteer Frets: 1188
    Nice. I have an earlier version of the same. 

Yes, try raising pups and see whether that is an improvement. 

The earlier ones had a rather stiff bigsby, which was improved immeasurably by installing a Reverend soft spring. Someone might have done that already though on yours if other upgrades have been made. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SlopeSoarerSlopeSoarer Frets: 831
    Chuffed for ya... nice!
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10465
    tFB Trader
    Congratulations in joining the Enlightened Fretboard Gretsch Owners group :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5426
    That colour is just awesome. Possibly my favourite of all the Electromatics. Congrats!!!
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1505
    Pickups as high as possible in my case too. Sounded thin until I brought them up. 
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie