mobile.kinman.com

Is their website compromised?

the second post here says it's not a false positive:
False positive: www.kinman.com - Chrome - Malwarebytes Forums

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• notanonnotanon Frets: 608
    edited April 6
    I use virustotal.com for anything I downloaded no matter where from. They also have URL scanner. That domain looks like a major problem

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/d30420f453d28be774ad8585e3afbb2b4bea6dd95fcdd744d0cc901f7f91f5d7
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11903
    notanon said:
    I use virustotal.com for anything I downloaded no matter where from. They also have URL scanner. That domain looks like a major problem

https://www.virustotal.com/gui/url/d30420f453d28be774ad8585e3afbb2b4bea6dd95fcdd744d0cc901f7f91f5d7
    that link I posted had a link to there too, put me right off using the kinman site
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 187
    You’ll not be hearing any noise from that site.
  • richman6100richman6100 Frets: 339
    Kinman have had issues with their site in the past. It was hacked badly at one point and brought down for some time - at least a week I think. It's a poorly designed site that actually contains some excellent content if you can be bothered to battle it.

Both the original ('Classic') and Modern ('Mobile') sites are working for me right now.

I'm a fan of their pickups - I own several sets - but their website is challenging to say the least, which it shouldn't be in this day and age. It's a shame because their pickups are the best noiseless pickups I've tried by some margin. There's really no excuse for such a poor website though and I imagine it loses them business.
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11903
    Kinman have had issues with their site in the past. It was hacked badly at one point and brought down for some time - at least a week I think. It's a poorly designed site that actually contains some excellent content if you can be bothered to battle it.

Both the original ('Classic') and Modern ('Mobile') sites are working for me right now.

I'm a fan of their pickups - I own several sets - but their website is challenging to say the least, which it shouldn't be in this day and age. It's a shame because their pickups are the best noiseless pickups I've tried by some margin. There's really no excuse for such a poor website though and I imagine it loses them business.
    I think the website is odd because it's a quirky one-man business scaled up with more workers, but he needs to fix it now