CM guitars - stunning handbuilt guitars made in Manchester - P90 single cut demo

What's Hot
dombennisondombennison Frets: 111
edited April 6 in Guitar
At the end of last year, I had the pleasure of meeting Charl from CM guitars and had the opportunity to try some of his phenomenal guitars. 
Select timbers, beautiful designs, incredible craftsmanship and amazing attention to detail (e.g. how he gets the binding in the intricate carve in the body on the Lola model, I'll never know).
As soon as I played them, I knew I needed one, so I've got my own custom build on order, due to be completed soon (I'll have to post updates!)
In the meantime, I offered to do some demo videos of his current stock - starting with his P90 Lola model. 
This guitar has an african mahogany body & neck, carved maple top, Seymour Duncan Antiquity P90s, 12″ Radiused Maple Bound Chacate fretboard, all aged Gotoh hardware. It's a real work of art.

Definitely check out CM guitars website for their current/past models - https://cm-guitars.com/

I've got some original material demos in the queue for editing but the real percussive sound of the p90's in this guitar inspired me to finally record the dirty blues-rock version of Peter Gabriel's 'Sledgehammer' I've had in mind for ages. Hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdqOCqS0Ue4

https://cm-guitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/cm-lola-black-1200x800px-portfolio-1-1.jpg

https://cm-guitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/cm-lola-black-1200x800px-portfolio-2-1.jpg

https://cm-guitars.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/cm-lola-black-800x800px-portfolio-3.jpg
0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14434
    Needs a Bigsby, a microphonic Firebird bridge/Treble pickup and an extreme relic treatment for the finish. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dombennisondombennison Frets: 111
    Needs a Bigsby, a microphonic Firebird bridge/Treble pickup and an extreme relic treatment for the finish. 
    He could definitely do one like that for sure! I’d want that one too haha
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11751
    I like the look of the Skylar.
    Offset said:
    I like the look of the Skylar.
    It’s a beauty! I’ve only met it briefly and not played it yet but it’s a stunning thing. The contrast between the dark wedge neck and bright white body looks amazing in person. I believe it’s scheduled to be converted to HH and have Fishman Fluences installed in that one. 
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1098
    ooh I like the look of that.

Great cover as well!
  • skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 969
    Puts me in mind of a Hartung Embrace….similar vibe

• “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7032
    tFB Trader
    Is he doing any guitar shows this year?
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22894
    skaguitar said:
    Puts me in mind of a Hartung Embrace….similar vibe

Or a Springer Seraph.  I agree the ridges(?) in the body are more reminiscent of Hartung.  All lovely looking guitars, though.

OIE Mtre marque springer seraph guitar  tout moment injecter fossile
    Is he doing any guitar shows this year?
    I’ll ask and find out! Hopefully so!
  • armitaanarmitaan Frets: 379
    Looks great, can you give us a rough idea of prices , couldn't see any on website . 
  • mankytommankytom Frets: 227
    Nice cover man. Love it
    armitaan said:
    Looks great, can you give us a rough idea of prices , couldn't see any on website . 
    It varies quite a bit as they’re all hand built to order to your spec. The black p90 one in the video and pics is available to buy at the moment though! I believe at £2500

mankytom said:
    Nice cover man. Love it
    Cheers mate, really appreciate it!  =)
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7255
    edited April 7
    I never liked the song "Sledgehammer" ....... until now.  Wow, that's a great interpretation and rendition of the song.  Splendid vocals and playing.

I love the apparent simplicity of that guitar with its sleek lines and sculpting.  The whole aesthetic works very well for my tastes.