SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Top of the Pops LPs

What's Hot
MartinBushMartinBush Frets: 254
edited April 7 in Misc £
These are the Hallmark/ Pickwick LPs featuring cover versions of the hits of the day often seen in charity shops, skips and bins.

However despite their lack of credibility, I have a pile of them I am trying to expand and I thought I would try asking if anyone had any they might be thinking of moving on. 

My hope is to collect all 95 which will result in me having an asset worth close to 95 quid... 

If you have any you might want rid of drop me a DM. 
1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7039
    tFB Trader
    I remember these from school discos. Good luck with your search.

Is there a resource anywhere cataloguing all 95?

Yes there is!
    http://topofthepopslps.weebly.com/main-album-series.html
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MartinBushMartinBush Frets: 254
    Indeed there is @SteveRobinson ... http://topofthepopslps.weebly.com/

I have a few related ones too like Top of the Tots. 
  • Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    My local record shop in the early 70s seemed to have a new one of those albums in there window display every week with a different women on the cover.
    Along with a James Last album.
    I am too young to really remember them being in the shops although the last one was a one-off in 1985, when I was 8. That one is probably worth asking much as most of the rest put together (if eBay listings are to be believed). 
  • UHASUHAS Frets: 137
    Elton John , was on a few track , Uriah Heep members too, some of them are going for large sums now. 
    Elton was on one LP as far as I know, although he and others may be on similar LPs by other labels (there were a fair few similar album series made by other labels). 
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4189
    I remember the dismay when my gran bought one & we went to play it & it just didn’t sound like the songs on the radio . 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom