SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Sophia Jazzmaster (Mojo Pickups) and GSP Basses Rosewood Telecaster - BOTH SOLD

What's Hot
Rich31kRich31k Frets: 789
edited April 7 in Guitars £
I bought this from @TheMarlin last year. I’ve owned it twice and the mojo pickups sound great. It’s lightweight and starting to age nicely. 

Here is what @TheMarlin said - nothing has changed under my ownership and it is in the same condition as when I bought it. 

”Sophia Jazzmaster (started out in life as a Jazzblaster  says Jazzblaster on the headstock) but now in Jazzmaster form. 

Info on the guitar. 

I bought this from @dazzajl  who bought it from @Rich31, who bought it from Tom @jollygreengiant, and here again is Tom’s full rundown……. :

"Put together over the last year to be one of my bucket list guitars with no expense spared on spec and parts. Unfortunately, Jazzmasters are just not for me so moving it on to free up space and funds.
Was put together and set up for me by Jon at Feline including. Plays extremely well, Jon rolled the fingerboard edges, cut the nut and also gave it his famous fretwork treatment. 

Body was made by Jon @ Rexter guitars and is a clone of his original 60's jazzmaster.
Its got custom enlarged pickup routes for the wide range humbuckers.

Jon also did all the finishing work - its full nitro finish in vintage correct sonic blue with matching headstock. Rear of the neck is matt finish with the rest of the guitar in gloss.

Neck is from Allparts with the following spec - 

Rosewood fingerboard
21 tall frets (.079 x .051 inch) 2.07mm x 1.3mm
9.5 inch radius
25.5 inch scale
Nut width 1 and 5/8 inches
Heel width 2 and 3/16 inches
Truss rod adjustment at heel
Neck thickness .86 inch at first fret, .96 at twelfth fret.

Logo on the headstock is custom from Rothko and Frost and has my daughters name rather than "F" and "Jazzblaster rather than Jazzmaster.

• Tuners are Gotoh.
  • Bridge is a Staytrem and 9.5" radius to match the neck.
  • Tremolo System is a USA Fender one, same used as AVRI and 65 reissues, not the cheaper lower spec Mexican or Japanese version.
  • Pickguard was custom made
  • Pickup Switch and Output Jack are Switchcraft.
  • Pots are CTS
Will also come with a Hardcase"

My scales (which are accurate) put it at 7lb 7oz. 

It is a beautiful creation, put together really well with quality parts”

Under my ownership, it gained a set of Mojo Jazzmaster pickups, with bridge 5% overwound. 

It’s had a full setup, plays beautifully, sports a set of 11s. 

Cracking guitars.  Don’t want to sell it, but something has to go. 

Bad bits, it picked up a few nicks in the paint over the years. See photos. Worst of which is a chip on the front of the guitar.  I had fancied giving it to somone to do a pro relic job on it, but seems a shame to hurt it further.”

£595 shipped in a hard case that is clean and tidy inside, but a bit tatty on the outside.

Photos have come through it a random order, but they are all there. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Rich31kRich31k Frets: 789
    edited April 7
    GSP Basses Rosewood Telecaster Kit with Bare Knuckle Pickups 

I bought and put this telecaster together last year. It is finished with a clear wipe on lacquer from Crimson Guitars. It is finished nicely but has picked up a few marks from use. 

It’s quite hollow, so very light. The neck is a c-shape. Medium. Not too chunky and not skinny. Very much like Fender modern C. 

The hardware is mainly Wilkinson (tuners and bridge) with CTS pots and orange drop capacitor. It has Bare Knuckle Yard Bird pickups. 

It does need a little work. The supplied switch broke, and I haven’t put the new one in yet. It comes with a replacement Hosco 3-Way switch and screws for the control plate, but it does need soldering on.

The head of one of the screws in the neck pickup is a little bit damaged. I’ve photographed it below. 

There is also a tiny bit of loose wood inside the chamber of the guitar. If I shake it I can hear a faint rattle. But it is faint. Must be a small bit of wood from when the body was made. 

The frets are polished and it is set up nicely. 

I’d like £325 shipped (either with the neck off or I have a couple of good cardboard boxes and plenty of bubble wrap). 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5761
    Rich31k said:
    Reserved
    Makes sense. Fantastic guitar and an absolute bargain! 
    dazzajl said:
    Rich31k said:
    Reserved
    Sorry. I’d just reserved the second post for another guitar. Not clear on my part. But I think the jazzmaster is now sold pending payment anyway 
  • Rich31k said:
    dazzajl said:
    Rich31k said:
    Reserved
    Sorry. I’d just reserved the second post for another guitar. Not clear on my part. But I think the jazzmaster is now sold pending payment anyway 
    Told you it wouldn't hang around for long!! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2530
    Wow! Lovely guitars at great prices :+1:
    Both sold. Thanks everyone. I’ll reply to PMs shortly. 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4140
    Bollox - I'd have had both of those if I'd seen them! Congrats to the new buyer(s), and please keep me in mind if you don't gel with either of them :mrgreen: 

• DecorativeedDecorativeed Frets: 32
    I was seriously tempted with both of these - although I already have a Rexter-made Jazzmaster with an Allparts neck. Someone got a bargain there! Glad they went so quickly in a way! 
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7878
    I bet he could have sold both of these five times over!