Snowfoam lance + pressure washers

What's Hot

Comments

• duotoneduotone Frets: 1053
    Cheers @skunkwerx for the Cleanyourcar website recommendation!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12310
    edited April 9
    duotone said:
    Cheers @skunkwerx for the Cleanyourcar website recommendation!
    Their forum is good as well if you want user feedback on products, before spending money on it. 
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16567
    Dominic said:
    I'd rather go to the local car wash ........£10 ...10 minutes and done .........life is too short......10 minutes down the road they all look the same
    That's the thing, it all depends whether you care about the paint work on your car.  

Local car wash whilst looks decent, that cloth they use have been used for dozens of cars that day and the day before.  It has collected grit from all those cars and it is essential sandpaper. 

If you are happy with that then that's fine.  I am not so I never go to those places.
    I hear you ..........each to their own
    You are absolutely right but who gives a shit as you pass them on the road ?
    Buy another car when the paintwork dulls ........
    I have long realised that looking for imperfection becomes obsessional ......nobody else as much cares 
    it's a redundant investment of your time 
    i could easily earn the difference between selling old car and buying new applying the cleaning time to working instead
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12310
    edited April 9
    Dominic said:
    Dominic said:
    I'd rather go to the local car wash ........£10 ...10 minutes and done .........life is too short......10 minutes down the road they all look the same
    That's the thing, it all depends whether you care about the paint work on your car.  

Local car wash whilst looks decent, that cloth they use have been used for dozens of cars that day and the day before.  It has collected grit from all those cars and it is essential sandpaper. 

If you are happy with that then that's fine.  I am not so I never go to those places.
    I hear you ..........each to their own - Exactly 
    You are absolutely right but who gives a shit as you pass them on the road ? - Well, I give a shit about my own car and mine only.
    Buy another car when the paintwork dulls ........ - I can't afford that.  I like to take good care of my things. 
    I have long realised that looking for imperfection becomes obsessional ......nobody else as much cares - I am not doing it for other people, call it taking pride in what you have. 
    it's a redundant investment of your time - Which is what the pressure washer is for, and it's a bit of a hobby.  There is a certain satisfaction doing it properly yourself.
    i could easily earn the difference between selling old car and buying new applying the cleaning time to working instead - Good for you. 
    Should have stopped at "I hear you ..........each to their own"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30055
    Musicwolf said:
    I'm confused.  Are some of you saying that you WASH your cars?!!!  Surely that destroys the relic'ing?
    Once a year, whether it needs it or not. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7377
    I put mine through the IMO car wash every few months, then swap it for a new one every year. saves loads of time.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Dominic said:
    Not if you enjoy it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stufisherstufisher Frets: 952
    This entire subject is alien to me so I read up on it ... this article might be of interest/relevance to folks:

https://autocarehq.com/is-snow-foam-worth-it/
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16567
    Sporky said:
    Dominic said:
    Not if you enjoy it. 
    That's very true 
    If it's a hobby and you enjoy spending time doing it .
    It always feels nice driving a clean car but  as soon as you take it out onto the road you're back where you started within 30 minutes especially if it's bad weather
    Mine's filthy inside too. 
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 1115
    edited April 11
    One thing you need to watch with jet spraying is getting water past seals, bearings etc. Especially with bikes. 
    Yo momma's on the crack rock!
    My Alpine specifically says not to jet wash it. 
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4487
    Sporky said:
    My Alpine specifically says not to jet wash it. 
    Yes. A colleague managed to remove some of his paintwork with a jet washer. 

Car was getting quite old, but he was not a happy bunny. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• swillerswiller Frets: 1767
    Im surprised that shower companies havent done a human snowfoam contraption as part of a modern shower. I may give myself a snowfoam on the weekend  before a shower, see how it goes. 
    Dont worry, be silly.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 7019
    swiller said:
    Im surprised that shower companies havent done a human snowfoam contraption as part of a modern shower. I may give myself a snowfoam on the weekend  before a shower, see how it goes. 
    I have wondered how some car waxes and glazes would look on my bald head.. hmm, you could have a market here mate!
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    And who doesn't love an Albanian rubdown with a gritty shammy?

(I assume I shouldn't look up "Albanian rubdown" on Urban Dictionary) 
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6286
    edited April 12
    I've found snow foam a bit of a waste of time and effort. I have a Karcher K7 and the foam attachment - I don't see any benefit from using it. If the car's mucky I give a good blast with the washer before using shampoo. works just fine (and I live on a farm, so can get v dirty out here).
    edited April 19
    I bought a cheap Pump Sprayer yesterday; https://www.poundstretcher.co.uk/pump-sprayer-1-5l Hopefully it will help to clean my wheels & alloys. 
    I do wheels with Bilt Amber BH-AW1. It's magic. Spray on, wait for it to turn red, hose off. 
    I need to get a wheel brush as my old Screwfix one has seen better days & it’s not really long enough to do the job well.

So does anyone have any experience with the Halfords Barrel Wheel Brush?: https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-cleaning/sponges-brushes-and-buckets/halfords-barrel-wheel-brush-293822.html or am I better off spending more & getting an EZ Detail brand one: https://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/ez-detail-brush ?

Cheers all.