RFI: MESA V-Twin dimensions?

What's Hot
smigeonsmigeon Frets: 283
in FX
Please can anyone help out…? I’m looking to buy a MESA V-Twin, but need to check it will fit on my pedalboard. The MESA manual is no help, and having scoured the internet(?), all I can find is one dubious-looking source claiming it’s 205mm wide, but with no info on depth. Anyone have one they can measure width/depth?? Please?? Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72485
    The standard unit of measurement is football fields…

:)

(That does sound about right, and it’s roughly square. I’ll measure mine when I get home ;).)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• smigeonsmigeon Frets: 283
    Ha - thanks! I know they’re big :-). My plan is to be able to interchangably switch between a V-Twin and an EHZ English Muff’n on my board (the Muff’n currently resides there). As long as the V-Twin will roughly fit a Muff’n shaped hole, I’m good :-).
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    I found this - https://www.guitarinsideout.com/mesa-boogie-v-twin-pedal-review/ - 'It measures 8 inches wide by 7 inches long and just over 2 inches high/deep' but see what others pipe up with
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9819
    I'm not really of any help, but from bitter experience I can definitely advise you not to drop one on your foot, the same foot twice in one day.
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy1839andy1839 Frets: 2197
    I'm not home until Thursday,  but unless someone else chimes in I'll measure mine then for you.
    (It's the V2, so don't know if you're after the earlier one)
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72485
    205mm wide, plus the mixer/phones switch sticks out another 5mm at the back right corner
    188mm deep including jacks
    77mm tall

I'm not really of any help, but from bitter experience I can definitely advise you not to drop one on your foot, the same foot twice in one day.
    weight 2.2Kg

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9819
    ICBM said:
    205mm wide, plus the mixer/phones switch sticks out another 5mm at the back right corner
    77mm tall

weight 2.2Kg
    The sharpness of the corners and the height at which it fell were both pertinent to this scenario also
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • smigeonsmigeon Frets: 283
    ICBM said:
    77mm tall

weight 2.2Kg
    Ah, great, thanks - that’s really helpful. I knew the V-Twin was big, but it’s bigger than I thought (and, yes, heavy too :-)). I think I can get one on my pedalboard if I ditch the mini boost (hopefully won’t be needed with the V-Twin) and the mini delay (a bit more painful to lose, but I do use it as a bit of a crutch, so probably good for me in the long run). So I think I’ll go ahead and get one.

This pedalboard is based around a Milkman 50 pedal amp. I was a bit disappointed initially in the Milkman, because it sounded a bit “hard” - but with the EHZ English Muff’n in front of it (fitted with 6502 valves) it sounds really good to me. I’ve come to rely on the Muffn/Milkman combination so much that I thought I should maybe get another Muffn as back-up in case (or when) they become unavailable. So I did that. And then I thought, maybe the V-Twin could work as well but with a bit of a different flavour… After all they are an easy swap on the board because they both have the same power requirements.