SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Gibson SG Special Humbucker Wraptail SOLD

What's Hot
LewisJLewisJ Frets: 30
edited April 23 in Guitars £
I’m in the zone of not keeping anything I’m not using and considering this has been in a gig bag since before Christmas it’s time to let it go. 

It’s a 2012 Gibson SG Special Humbucker. Initially the chap I bought it from didn’t really know what it was but we worked it out to a “president day” special from Guitar Centre (not sure if any made it to the UK market or it was brought over). 

Neck wise it’s wide and relatively big, bigger than my 59’ but not quite as deep as a 58’ neck… if that makes sense, Gibson describe it as a 50s. Fretboard is baked maple with 22 frets over a 12inch radius. Finish is satin nitro. 

Pickups are original 490R/T.  

I’ve swapped the bridge for a Faber aged one and studs as the original was mangled. Screws are all nicely aged. 

Condition wise it’s been used with some usual worming on the back, rubbing near the input and a small dent on the headstock (see photos). It was regularly gigged by its two previous owners. 

Originally it came with a master tone and two volumes. I’ve drilled it (using a template) and added a second tone control in the usual Gibson configuration.

The good bit. It owes me £550 so that’s what I’d like back. 

It’s not got a case so collection or a meet up is the only option on this one. PPG or cash. Im just north of Derby (DE75). 
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• photekphotek Frets: 1463
    Belter of a guitar this, isn’t it also nice and light?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewisJLewisJ Frets: 30
    @photek ill weigh it tonight but yes and it doesn’t neck dive either!
    6.3lbs on my kitchen scales 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Weekend bump
    Bump. 

Selling to fund a Boss Tube Amp Expander or similar high end load box/attenuator if anyone fancies a trade with a bit of cash your way…
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 560
    Nostalgic Bump - These are great guitars :-)
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

Price drop bump. Now £500!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom