NAD: Victory The Jack V4

What's Hot
RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 189
edited April 9 in Amps
Picked this up as I wanted a bassman-esque breakup sound in a small format to take on the
tube for gigs. The addition speaker or emulated cab is what clinched this over the V30 head for me.

Does a great job at Fender sounds, and also surprised at how much gain is on the drive channel. The digital reverb is v usable and it plays nicely with pretty much every drive pedal I’ve put in front of it. Really flexible & sounds nice no matter what I do with it.

will do some recording & check out the cab sim this weekend, although I have a torpedo live so pretty confident that the IR side will be easy to get a decent sound from.

The only disappointment, and it’s a surprising one: it doesn’t look like an amp. And that’s left me feeling strangely cold about it.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1636
    So, get an old 1X12 combo, ditch the chassis and get out the jiggy and cut a hole to drop Jacki in.
    Then you would have something that looked a bit like a gitamp AND a handy speaker!

Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 189
    ecc83 said:
    So, get an old 1X12 combo, ditch the chassis and get out the jiggy and cut a hole to drop Jacki in.
    Then you would have something that looked a bit like a gitamp AND a handy speaker!

Dave.
    I wanted a head- but it remains a great idea. I could transplant the guts into a head shaped box with the controls on top. Although at that point I may as well buy the V30 head & a Captor X.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1128
    I have one and use it to a studio monitor and it sounds great. Channel two gets all the way into metal territory with the right IR selected.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom