Orange crush 20rt

skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
I bought it for something to chuck in the boot when I'm staying over the girlfriends place.. 

I can't tell if its shit, or great. Because I can never dial a tone in I'm happy with on any amp no matter how good lol. 

Damn loud though! 
The only easy day, was yesterday...
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6881
    After playing for a while, I quite like it! 

I'm not very familiar with the Orange tonal characteristics but it's noticeably different from the Katana which I am used to.  

Sounds bigger than it is, but there's no getting away from the fact it's an 8" speaker in a small particle board enclosure. 

Will definitely serve its purpose though, and I'm already curious about 'better' Orange heads. 

I ran a Boss DS1 into it, with the pedal gain/distortion at zero (though it still produces dirt), volume not fully maxed which I usually have when using it as a traditional distortion pedal to get a unity volume with a clean channel and the tone - little past 12. 

Like a tubescreamer. It had a huge effect! 

Not that I didnt like the amp distortion, but it tightened the low end up. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72415
    They’re pretty good for a small solid-state amp - as you say with an 8” speaker in a particle-board box they’re never going to sound like a big valve amp and a 4x12”, but they do have a distinctively Orangey sound, and they’re loud and portable.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein