New tuner conversion bushings very slightly too small

What's Hot
noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 798
edited April 11 in Guitar
Want to replace the stock tuners on my Classic Player 60’s tele with a nice set of Klusons I’ve got knocking about - the Kluson bushings are a bit loose in the peg holes and can easily be pushed out (the Fender bushings are a snug fit in the hole but the Kluson tuner posts are too wide for them).

Does anyone know the exact Kluson bushing size I’d need, or can I get away with padding out the hole with a small piece of paper etc? Edit: I’ve got a roll of plumber’s tape…
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22971
    I don't know exact sizes, but your plumber's tape, or masking tape, might be the answer.  It works well enough.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72444
    Paper masking tape is best for this. Cut it just wider than the bushing so it folds slightly round the lower end and doesn’t get pushed up as you press the bushings in.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 798
    Thanks folks! 
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 1114
    Slightly different take at about 13:15

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22971
    ^ That's a great video.  So well presented.
  • noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 798
    I went with the masking tape in the end - works perfectly and the tuners are a definite upgrade.

Thanks @BigPaulie for posting the video - I’ve got a set of Kluson staggered height split post tuners on order for my US Strat, and the video will be very helpful when it comes to making sure the holes are drilled correctly etc. 
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 1114
    Philly_Q said:
    ^ That's a great video.  So well presented.
    Totally agree. Very professionally done. They have another great video at the moment where Michael Bashkin goes through an acoustic build from scratch. It's a must watch!

I went with the masking tape in the end - works perfectly and the tuners are a definite upgrade.

Thanks @BigPaulie for posting the video - I’ve got a set of Kluson staggered height split post tuners on order for my US Strat, and the video will be very helpful when it comes to making sure the holes are drilled correctly etc. 
    No worries.