Retailers who inflate the price of items that are out of stock elsewhere

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• NerineNerine Frets: 2170
    Not sure about price gouging and artificial inflation but one well known retailer generally prices their stuff at the top end and is more expensive than pretty much anywhere else because they probably feel they can get away with it due to a “premium” buying service or some rubbish. 

I’ve spent probably 7-10k with ‘em over the years and current discount = 0. Nothing. 

Got a free strap once. 

Bought something from them today because not available anywhere else or used. Asked if any deal to be had over the phone. Nope. Nothing as usual. 

I try to avoid using them if I can get away with it. First bit of business they’ve had from me for about 4-5 years now and that was only because my choices were severely limited. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1791
    As a distributor of non musical things there are a load of less sinister reasons unless you witnessed the price change. 

Other store is a heavy discounter works on lower margin higher volume
    Store selling at higher price see's the value of slower levels of sale but keeping items in stock
    As said store may have purchased at an old price 
    Store may buy bigger volume and get a better discount
    Store may only choose to sell items at full margin due to business needs overheads location, or perish the thought make money. 

Again its down to you to shop where you want and get the quality price and service you want. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1089
    Ah Capitalism! Ah humanity!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom