Hard to beat a good Ploughman's Lunch

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28358
    ESBlonde said:
    So 1970s
    Indeed, one of the major breweries constructed the 'ploughmans' in the 1970s arcade time when they were trying to persuade more people to lunch in pubs. 
    I think "constructed" is stretching it a bit - cheese, bread, beer, and maybe something pickled, was a staple lunch for a good while. Giving it a name might have been new. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    JK Rowling has been on to say that she agrees a Plough lunch is biologically male and always will be, regardless of how it identifies.

• CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310
    As a pub staple, I much prefer sausage and mash, but it seems to be disappearing off menus of all the pubs near me.

Criminal.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14284
    tFB Trader
    As an overview, I prefer my own Ploughman's that I can quickly knock together at home - Lucky that in my town we have 2 great local deli's and still a market once a week - So easy to find nice bread, cheese and pork pie

The issue with many pubs, cafes etc is that they offer you something that is more of a cheese salad with barely any bread 

But a good ploughman's in a bar/cafe is well worth eating - Admittedly more of a meal than a snack so might be all you need around 1/2 pm to last you the rest of the day 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 663
    edited April 16
    Sorry, but, when your in a pub, who orders a bit of cheese and an apple?!

EDIT Although tbf I wouldn't be caught drinking fancy ales or gin either as seems to be the trend. 
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2769
    Goes very well with a rustic pint of bitter