Any Orange MK Ultra users here?

What's Hot
mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1059
edited April 12 in Amps
I love the look of simplicity of this amp.

Anyone using one on here? If so, what are your thoughts?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StefBStefB Frets: 2355
    Looking at the shop discounts I’ve seen on them I don’t think anyone bought one, not at the original asking price at least. 

I’ll be very surprised if anyone on here did. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1059
    Yeah.  I think these days everyone wants millions of features, but it's the lack of them I find appealing.
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3423
    I have one. Actually took 3 attempts to find one that worked properly - some have loose transformers that cause buzz at volume. The faceplate on mine rattles a little if I don’t have it just so on the cab as well :) also had some power tube rattle…was revalved by Orange. I put some red base TADs and NOS preamps valves in mine recently and swiftly took them out again - it sounds better with the stock EH 6L6s and whatever Chinese preamps tubes are in it to me.

Honestly did not love it at first but it has really grown on me, it’s quite a unique amp and has a fat fuzzy grind when cranked. It does need to be running at least 1/3 up before it starts to work, and then you’ll not have much clean, but it feels great. Not the amp for you if need tight bottom end, it’s quite a loose and vintage feeling amp. I bought the lightweight Orange 2x12 eventually to go with it and they work well together, again initially I wasn’t convinced by the Neo Creambacks but they’ve either broken in or I’ve got used to them. I’ve been running a single twelve only at home though and I am using an Ironman mini 2 with it - which does mess a little with the treble but lets you get the right level of volume / grit / squish. I’d run both speakers if the cab wasn’t 16ohms.

I didn’t pay anywhere near the original retail. At their current prices around 1.5k (or less now) they’re about right I’d say.
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1059
    Thanks so much! That's great feedback, thanks