Sci Fi laser warfare is upon us....

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• froglordfroglord Frets: 50
    Not saying we are not good at making stuff but the Yanks have a 20 year head start and they have not really deployed anything monumental. None of the stuff I have seen online seems much good against a drone or plane that then takes evasive action in most cases it continues in a straight line till it blows up.  I am sure we will continue to find more efficient ways to kill each other. The biggest problem with Lasers is some kind of portable power supply currently they need massive amounts of power.

It's going to be like this, isn't it?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 279
    And don't forget Japan is also talking about getting tooled up on the nuke front. Let that one sink in for a moment. Give it a few and we'll be discussing this like in "Dune" where they talk about "the family atomics". 

Our species is governed by idiots and children.
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11793
    snowblind said:
    And don't forget Japan is also talking about getting tooled up on the nuke front. Let that one sink in for a moment. Give it a few and we'll be discussing this like in "Dune" where they talk about "the family atomics". 

Japan has a nuclear armed China with serious "beef" across the sea from them - if I were them I'd want nukes as well.

The best bet would be a global effort to eradicate the damn things full stop - but we are a long way from that currently.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11824
    merlin said:
    And the article below it "Starmer 'absolutely' commited to nuclear weapons".

We are SO fucked.

It depends on your perspective.
  • KurtisKurtis Frets: 671
    edited April 13
    snowblind said:

And how would you know if it was a Japanese or American missile being launched?!
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 610
    This one is jaw dropping 

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18829
    ^ Around 5m 50 for the laser stuff. :+1: