SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - MJW Goldstar Twin amp head £350

What's Hot
WBT2079WBT2079 Frets: 87
edited April 14 in Amps £
Lovely clean and tidy MJW Goldstar Twin amplifier head.  Collection only, can meet up within reason.

Purchased this off @photek last year. It is a great amp but I don’t really have the space for it. 

I am not great on knowing the intricacies of different types of amps but I Managed to find an archived version of the MJW website and this is what it says:

The clean channel is based on the classic 'Blackface' circuit, so it has the chime and clean headroom that those amps are famous for, but will still crunch up at the top end for snarling country and blues. The overdrive channel has 4 gain stages, and takes over where the clean left off, going through a classic 70s crunch, all the way up to a full-bodied rock roar with plenty of sustain and harmonics.

Valves: 3 ECC83s and 1 6L6
2 channels clean and overdrive. Each has its own EQ. There is a switch on the back to select each Channel or there is an input for a footswitch (not included)
Effects loop
Power scaling knob on back
speaker inputs for 8ohm or 16ohm but you can only use one of these at a time.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WBT2079WBT2079 Frets: 87
    Pics

• Sevenof9Sevenof9 Frets: 181
    PM’d
  • photekphotek Frets: 1463
    edited April 13
    Great amp this, the clean channel alone is worth the price, blackface based but you can push it into overdrive at whisper volumes, it also covers tweed ground quite well if you turn the bass control up. Would have it back if I had the space!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    Do you know what wattage this is?
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2439
    Presumably if it's a single 6L6 it's probably cathode biased class A running somewhere around 15 watts.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!