Lazy j deuce cruiser owners?

What's Hot
Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 246
edited April 14 in FX
Any lazy j deuce cruiser owners here?.  What’s it comparable to.  After recently picking up a tweed amp I fancy a little rabbit hole to go down and test a few drives.

currently only using a ceriatone centura which I like and set as a clean boost.

A couple options I’m considering a Kingsley page/lazy j deuce cruiser/ Hudson broadcast.

Chime in tweed owners with your no1 od of choice. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5171
    Lovepedal Les Lius  <3
  • BlackbirdCabsBlackbirdCabs Frets: 274
    After many months spent down the same rabbit hole I've end up with three pedals that for me work perfectly with my Tremolux amp: Kingsley Page, Lovepedal Tchula (very similar to the Les Lius suggested above) and the Decibelics Golden Horse (a Klone like your Centura, I use it the same way you do).
    The Page is so good because, as well as sounding great and having a lovely spongey feel under the fingers, both the tone knob and the bass and treble toggle switches have been designed so well - none of the settings sound drastic, they all sound natural, meaning you can get rid of just the right amount of bass without losing out on tone. For me that's exactly what I need with a Tweed amp.
    Other pedals I really liked: Fairfield Barbershop and Crowther Hotcake.
    Blackbird Cabs - bespoke guitar cabinets, handcrafted in North Devon
    sam@blackbirdcabs.com

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Th4fonzTh4fonz Frets: 246
    @BlackbirdCabs great post I think I’ll have to try a Kingsley next then
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3881
    edited April 18
    Both the Deuce and the Broadcast are great with tweed in my experience, but they have no control over the high-end, which was a deal-breaker for me at the time.

Agree that the Kingsley Page is brilliant. It's a cut above the usual suspects for light gain IMO: Timmy, Lightspeed, Peacekeeper etc. I'm only selling mine because I've got into using a one-knob clean boost (Katana) for edge-of-breakup tones.

If you want a gritty tweed drive, I've also got a True North Tweed Drive going spare. I'd imagine it's similar to the Les Lius mentioned above. 

I can also recommend the Thorpy Warthog for medium gain application when you want to get your rock on. Such a great feel and sound to it. I'm on my second one and don't think this one will be going anywhere (he says).