Novation 49 Key Controller Keyboard (Selling Requirements)

What's Hot
BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5861
edited April 14 in Studio & Recording
This might seem an odd question, but, if I sell this item (I've used it about 4 times in 7 years), do I need to provide some sort of code with it that makes it compatible to automap software? I'm just stuck with this bloody thing because I recall reading on a forum - or at least I think I did - that this was the case. I wouldn't know how to provide such a thing anyway, but I want rid of it, it be just clutter.

Thanks.
Only a Fool Would Say That.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BasherBasher Frets: 1206
    I could never get the Automap stuff working for me when I had a Novation controller. It was, however, perfectly fine as a standard midi controller (or at least it was until the USB connection stopped working). I just used the "MIDI learn" option in Reaper to map whatever parameters to the Novation knobs/sliders. I assume all the other popular DAWs have a similar feature. 

So, no - you don't need to provide the Automap software. IIRC it's pretty much obsolete these days. If someone was interested in it for some ungodly reason they might be able to download it from the Novation website.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5861
    Basher said:
    I could never get the Automap stuff working for me when I had a Novation controller. It was, however, perfectly fine as a standard midi controller (or at least it was until the USB connection stopped working). I just used the "MIDI learn" option in Reaper to map whatever parameters to the Novation knobs/sliders. I assume all the other popular DAWs have a similar feature. 

So, no - you don't need to provide the Automap software. IIRC it's pretty much obsolete these days. If someone was interested in it for some ungodly reason they might be able to download it from the Novation website.
    Thanks @Basher I called Richtone earlier and they said they'd buy it as is, if it works (which it does). My try it on here first.
    Basher said:

Thanks @Basher I called Richtone earlier and they said they'd buy it as is, if it works (which it does). My try it on here first.
    No problem. Have just looked and Automap (at least for Windows) is still available as a legacy download, along with the user guide: https://downloads.novationmusic.com/novation/novation-software/automap
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17632
    tFB Trader
    With all modern controllers the expectation is usually that you use midi learn unless you are using something like a specific Ableton controller etc
    Basher said:
    Basher said:

No problem. Have just looked and Automap (at least for Windows) is still available as a legacy download, along with the user guide: https://downloads.novationmusic.com/novation/novation-software/automap
    So, someone else could buy mine and still link it to the Keyboard without anything from me? I'm sorry, I have a toatl lack of understanding with this stuff.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    I got a use 49 novation and it works fine, that said ....automap was a pipe dream and never worked anyhow, I just use it as a mid sized keyboard.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    So, someone else could buy mine and still link it to the Keyboard without anything from me? I'm sorry, I have a toatl lack of understanding with this stuff.
    Yes. But as others have said, Automap is pretty much obsolete now. I can't imagine anyone wanting to use it, given that there are far easier ways to map the knobs and sliders on your keyboard to the various parameters of a DAW or vst instrument.
    Your Novation is a perfectly good controller keyboard!
    Basher said:
    Yes. But as others have said, Automap is pretty much obsolete now. I can't imagine anyone wanting to use it, given that there are far easier ways to map the knobs and sliders on your keyboard to the various parameters of a DAW or vst instrument.
    Your Novation is a perfectly good controller keyboard!
    Thanks @Basher ;

I get it now that I can sell it without any baggage. It was just another piece of unnecessary GAS  :)