NMAPD: Found a used Line 6 POD HD Bean

What's Hot
Headphone duties have resumed.

Been playing around with this for the last day or so as it arrived very quickly. Was cheap for Hungary and missed the original power supply but no matter really in the grand scheme of things as it does work and the physical condition is very good.

Had a 60 cycle hum problem that is now resolved after troubleshooting and it is my Telecaster that is the problem. And after using the old power adaptor from my POD 2.

So, largely I have settled on the Fender style models varying the cabs to taste and all is fine, more than good enough for my purposes. The GUI is new to me and actually once you have the knack of the knobs is fairly easy to navigate and adjust parameters. Don't like the drives so much but have yet to really deep dive into the main editing areas for them as I plug my small pedalboard directly in and the T-REX Mudhoney 2 is my sort of thing anyway. The rest of the effects seem good quality (supposedly taken from the M series of effect modelling pedals?). Overall I think it is an improvement on the POD 2 as the effects are more versatile and the editing is much easier.

I think you are supposed to really set up patches and cycle through them rather than use one and adjust on the fly as there does seem to be big volume differences between them and ten going back gets a bit quiet. Maybe there is some setting somewhere I have not found to sort this. Or some level limit for headphones.

Not sure about the Marshally amps though, maybe they just don't fit my hearing any more? Or just need a deeper dive into the amp parameters to set is as I would like it.

But overall it will do for now and maybe in the next couple of years will see what comes out and what I like and save up for an upgrade if I feel it is really needed.

Yes, I stayed with Line 6!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BodBod Frets: 1316
    Nice one.  I still have my HD500 even though I upgraded to the Helix a few years ago.  There's lots to be had on there for sure.  Keep your eye out for offers for the model packs too
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1659
    I gigged with a v2.0 Bean (and also Flextone 2 Head) for nearly two decades.. some great tones and simple to use..

I tried to upgrade to the XT but found the sound harsh in comparison..  I did make the jump to a HD500X (and rack) in later years but have since moved on to Pod Go and Helix.

Love me some Line 6!!
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 609
    Maybe something more "fancy" eventually but so far so good. Need to learn how to use it properly though I think!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom