End your Enthusiasm

What's Hot
guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1021
edited April 17 in Off Topic
So its goodbye to Larry and Leon and the rest of the Curb gang, your made me laugh for the past 24 Yrs 

Funny parts... every single episode 

Pretty Pretty Good 

“Ken sent me.”
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1092
    Yea I'm gutted.  Larry David is probably my all time favourite comedy writer.  I couldn't expect Curb to last forever.  Just fortunate that it even lasted for this many seasons.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • guitartangoguitartango Frets: 1021
    Yea I'm gutted.  Larry David is probably my all time favourite comedy writer.  I couldn't expect Curb to last forever.  Just fortunate that it even lasted for this many seasons.  
    My favorite has to be the "Kid who likes to Sew" and the broken Doll Episode .... Mummy there is a man in the Toilet !!!
    “Ken sent me.”
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Too many great episodes for me to choose from.  But I seem to re-watch the Seinfeld reunion episodes more than the others (because I love Seinfeld as well).  I actually remember being first curious about Curb because back then I saw on the news that the Seinfeld cast were getting back together on a show called "Curb Your Enthusiasm" and told myself I had to watch it.  Along the way I found out Larry David co-created Seinfeld, and the rest is history.     
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BrioBrio Frets: 1844
    Never seen Curb or Seinfeld. Probably time for me to try it. :-)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17626
    tFB Trader
    I hear so many good things about it but Seinfeld never cracked a smile for me so I ignored it.

Worth a watch?
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16102
    'The kid who likes to sow ' ......the Pillow Sham   ,was brilliant ......so was the one with Larry meeting the woman from the dry-cleaner in a hotel room for a liason 
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 959
    I've only recently started watching Curb Your Enthusiasm, I found the first episode on (I think) Sky and started watching from the beginning. I think it's brilliant. The Baptism one absolutely killed me, also the one about the doll's head. It reminds me of Fawlty Towers, the way you can see things gradually falling apart and he can't help himself. Hilarious.
  • TimcitoTimcito Frets: 786
    edited April 17
    Never saw Curb, but Seinfeld was a gem. Brilliant social satire and quite unlike anything I've seen in US sitcom culture; in fact, it was almost European in they way it made what's awful in life funny.

This moment, when Elaine explodes at the 'special event-cake' culture at work was priceless.

• CaseOfAceCaseOfAce Frets: 1345
    edited April 17
    I used to have the boxed set of the first 6 (?) seasons and it remains the only show I've rewatched all the episodes that were  in a boxed set I had. My wife absolutely loved it as well.

Personally I think it did start to drift a little once Sheryl left Larry and the inevitable celebrity cameos started creeping in. But the first 5 or so seasons were absolute solid gold  for me. It's as good as everyone says it is and I've been literally crying with laughter at certain scenes. I still need to see seasons 9 to 12 at some stage.

Favourites?
    I'll go for the p*orno Gil (Saul Goodman actor) party, the one where his agent's daughter sings in a restaurant (that's enough, that's enough), the Black Swan golf course one and many of the Richard Lewis bits - possibly my favourite is the one where Lewis and Larry are somehow dressed as bums fighting out the jewellery store to get in. But there's many more - Funkhouser's sister for one and the wheelchair user ep.

If you've never seen it before you're in for a treat.
    ...she's got Dickie Davies eyes...
  • goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6155
    I watched a few back in the day, and I tried to start from the beginning a few weeks ago. Sort of got stuck, not sure why. Might try again.

As for favourites: Palestinian Chicken stands out. (Seems weird typing that right now.)
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7339
    I hear so many good things about it but Seinfeld never cracked a smile for me so I ignored it.

Worth a watch?
    Yeah, I can't stand Seinfeld but love Curb Your Enthusiasm.
  • StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
    tFB Trader
    Beloved Cunt
    Larry's Long Balls
    The House that Cum Built

I don't know if they are the actual episode names but they are some of my favourites

Plus the Car Wash Cunt scene with Michael York.
  • BlueingreenBlueingreen Frets: 2597
    Some great stuff but for me it could also be very patchy and the ratio of good to mediocre stuff got worse in the later series.  I didn't feel too sad to see it go because I felt its time had come, although to be fair there were some good moments even in the final series.  I felt similarly about Seinfeld back in the day.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
    My wife banned me from watching in bed, as I would shake the bed laughing. I didn't get Seinfield, maybe I should watch it.

Also check out Clear History, What ever works, Radio Days , Sour Grapes
    “Ken sent me.”
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10414
    There's a pretty good YT channel where Jeff Garlin and Susie Essman dissect the episodes, bit like Talking Sopranos 

I think Curb is the funniest thing I've seen on TV ... so much is improvised and that's what makes the difference. Sad to see the end but Larry see's fit to end it. 

Anyone see the FTX advert ... before SBF was exposed  .... so funny in hindsight 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3625
    Such a superb show.

Particularly poignant in the last series as Richard Lewis looked so fragile but soldiered on.

He died just after the shooting and before the last episodes were shown.

Here he pays tribute to his friend Larry. Quite emotional.

edited April 18
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GdQNpa69JE

Larry trying to awkwardly leave set while people keep giving him praise. The show never ends, they just stopped filming it.

“Ken sent me.”
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    Seasons 2 through 8 are the best, great comedy but I found that women don't tend to find him that funny. 
    edited April 19
    Seasons 2 through 8 are the best, great comedy but I found that women don't tend to find him that funny. 
    Probably because in the show (or maybe even in real life) he doesn't give women preferential treatment lol.  He's pro-equal rights....as in he's a dk to everyone equally  
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    Probably in the show (or maybe even in real life) he doesn't give women preferential treatment lol.  He's pro-equal rights....as in he's a dk to everyone equally =) 
    It's also that he's a grumpy, sour faced donkey head, which is pretty unsexy. 

Flipping the coin, I guess that why many men don't watch Amy Schumer movies :)