NGD Charvel Pro Mod San Dimas HSS HT

What's Hot
NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3400
MIM Charvel, Fender licensed headstock, locking tuners, unfinished neck, compound radius, ebony board, Seymour Duncans, hard tail for easy drop-D goodness. Loving it!

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LewyLewy Frets: 4227
    Very nice! Some of the best bang for buck guitars out there I reckon.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • mankytommankytom Frets: 229
    Love the finish!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4176
    That's lovely that is. I do love a nice Charvel :+1: 
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• LeepalLeepal Frets: 2
    This is the exact guitar I have been thinking about getting.  Is the neck slim? I prefer the neck to be slim.
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1648
    That's really classy looking. Nice choice!
  • bluecatbluecat Frets: 580
    That looks really cool.
    I do prefer a hardtail to a trem, enjoy.
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4176
    Leepal said:
    This is the exact guitar I have been thinking about getting.  Is the neck slim? I prefer the neck to be slim.
    If it’s anything like the Charvels I’ve played, it won’t be wafer-thin, but it will be fairly slim, and *really* comfortable.
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3400
    Leepal said:
    If it’s anything like the Charvels I’ve played, it won’t be wafer-thin, but it will be fairly slim, and *really* comfortable.
    Yeah, good way to describe it. Definitely fatter than my Ibanez RG, thinner than my Squier J Mascis. Unfinished feel, really comfy.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5431
    Leepal said:
    Charvel necks are pretty slim but not the slimmest out there - Jacksons are usually even thinner-feeling and Ibanez wizard necks obviously are toothpicks. The satin finish & the rolled edges are lovely though.
  • RustyShacklefordRustyShackleford Frets: 56
    edited April 20
    Grats! I didn't like mine as much. I bought one in a bout of GAS a while ago and returned it. It had some sharpish frets and the ebony fretboard felt very 'grainy' and sticky, totally unlike the beautiful glassy smoothness I've found on better ebony. Didn't dig the unfinished feel of the neck either, and overall it definitely didn't feel like an instrument worth the £700 or so I paid back then. I ended up ghetto-hardtailing my G&L with pennies and electrical tape and stuck a single-coil sized humbucker in the bridge. Scratched the same itch.