SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Orville by Gibson - Les Paul Custom (MIJ, Terrada, 1990)

What's Hot
willlinwilllin Frets: 2
edited April 19 in Guitars £
Hi all,

I've acquired this beauty, an Orville by Gibson Les Paul Custom, made in Japan in the Terrada plant in 1990.

For those in the know, these were produced in Japan to counter some of the Les Paul copies emerging in the 80s and 90s and were sold specifically into the Japanese market.

It's effectively a Gibson with a slightly different brand on the headstock, mahogany body, maple cap, Gibson circuit board pickups etc etc.
  • Mahogany body with Maple Cap
  • Mahogany neck
  • Rosewood fingerboard
  • 2x Gibson USA HB-R 'Circuit Board' pickups
  • Tune-o-matic bridge
  • Non-original Spider hard case

It's a lovely thing (specs below) and sounds great. Probably best described as 'players grade' as the binding is somewhat yellowed a few dings on the body and the gold metalwork is worn - personally I think it looks great but have a look for yourself.

I think at some point it's had some headstock damage (maybe a break) but has been properly repaired and is solid / not noticeable. The pickup rings are cracked but I've got some replacement ones that I haven't got around to fitting yet.

I got it as a bit of a bargain so looking for £1100.

Happy for people to come try it out (BS37, Bristol way) and arrange couriers. I regularly travel along on the M4 and to various other parts of the country so let me know if you're interested and it's a bit too far away!

Thanks!

Will

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments