A place for everything

What's Hot
Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7811

. . .and everything in it's place.

I've spent the last couple of days tidying my lounge so I could move the piano and make space for all my stands at one end of the room.

Far too many guitars, but that's what you get for not having a disapproving wife.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
0reaction image LOL 12reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NerineNerine Frets: 2175
    Having that many guitars would be a problem for me. I’d have so much redundancy, it’d be unreal. Some of it just wouldn’t get played. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • maltingsaudiomaltingsaudio Frets: 3137
    I was going to say “respect” until I saw the ukulele 
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7349
    You clearly need another rack to put the guitars that are currently on single stands, but if you got a 5 space rack you would have to buy another two guitars to fill the spaces or it would look untidy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • BluesLoverBluesLover Frets: 673
    That's not too many guitars... it's not enough amps!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28512
    Lovely collection - could do with a Telecaster I think? 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    Paul_C said:

I've spent the last couple of days tidying my lounge so I could move the piano and make space for all my stands at one end of the room.

Far too many guitars, but that's what you get for not having a disapproving wife.

Most of them teles too, I knew I liked you Paul. 

I had a disapproving wife once, thankfully we're divorced now and new partner positively encourages guitars. Struck gold there. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7811
    BillDL said:
    You clearly need another rack to put the guitars that are currently on single stands, but if you got a 5 space rack you would have to buy another two guitars to fill the spaces or it would look untidy.

I do have another 5-guitar rack upstairs, along with another two guitars ;)

However there's still one more Telecaster in bits waiting to be painted and a six-string bass. . .

The big positive from having them all in one spot is it helps me stop thinking about buying more, as it's way into retail therapy as opposed to the love of a particular instrument.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    That's not too many guitars... it's not enough amps!
    I tried more amps but found I spent most of the time using the Katana (the bottom one has been plugged in but it doesn't really add much with both on) - I have a Tonex pedal with lots of amps in and which sounds great.
    I was going to say “respect” until I saw the ukulele 
    Nothing wrong with a ukulele - I've got an electro-mandolin behind the Katanas too ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jasonbone75jasonbone75 Frets: 642
    Nerine said:
    Having that many guitars would be a problem for me. I’d have so much redundancy, it’d be unreal. Some of it just wouldn’t get played. 

If they are all different colours it doesn't count as redundancy
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7344
    Paul_C said:

Talk to me about the Bill Nelson Astroluxe Cadet  - is it as cool as RJ  Ronquillo makes it sound??

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Paul_C said:

Talk to me about the Bill Nelson Astroluxe Cadet  - is it as cool as RJ  Ronquillo makes it sound??

Yes, I think so, I'm sure he could make mine sound cooler than I do, but it's a fun guitar to play :)

I have a feeling the switch has been replaced, or rewired, as it's a lot brighter and a little bit quieter than the other two positions.

According to the website the three-way switch is supposed to be Neck - Middle/Bridge - Bridge, and the idea should be that you can blend the bridge pickup in and out with its volume control, but mine doesn't do that and my guess is that the middle pickup is out of phase with the bridge - I will dismantle it one day out of curiosity but it sounds absolutely fine as it is so it won't be any day soon.
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2458
    I couldn't cope with that many guitars! I struggle to spread play time over 3 electrics, a bass and an acoustic! If I had that many I'd probably consolidate them into 3 or 4 that were spectacular
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3229
    Definitely a few telecaster models missing from that line up. 72 custom, deluxe, thinlines, something with a bigsby. :)
  • LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1127
    strtdv said:
    I couldn't cope with that many guitars! I struggle to spread play time over 3 electrics, a bass and an acoustic! If I had that many I'd probably consolidate them into 3 or 4 that were spectacular
    I have this problem and I'll tell you now it's easier said than done if all of them are spectacular or have different memories behind each one =) 
  • BobHillmanBobHillman Frets: 138
    Paul_C said:
    57Deluxe said:
    Paul_C said:

Yes, I think so, I'm sure he could make mine sound cooler than I do, but it's a fun guitar to play :)

I have a feeling the switch has been replaced, or rewired, as it's a lot brighter and a little bit quieter than the other two positions.

According to the website the three-way switch is supposed to be Neck - Middle/Bridge - Bridge, and the idea should be that you can blend the bridge pickup in and out with its volume control, but mine doesn't do that and my guess is that the middle pickup is out of phase with the bridge - I will dismantle it one day out of curiosity but it sounds absolutely fine as it is so it won't be any day soon.

What are the pickups on the Astroluxe, some kind of gold foil?
    edited April 22
    What are the pickups on the Astroluxe, some kind of gold foil?

The website says "Airline Argyle White Foil Pickups".

Definitely a few telecaster models missing from that line up. 72 custom, deluxe, thinlines, something with a bigsby.

I don't like humbuckers (especially two of them), f holes and Bigsby's (way too cluttered) on Telecasters.