Comments

• SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    edited October 2014

Little rant

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136

Thank you for the sage advice, chaps.

I now have a massive hangover (my own fault), and am full of alcoholic remorse. Fuck work, I'm staying home today.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549
     Plus having to quit a band and possibly miss out on ever owning a house (it's expensive here but more so abroad).
    Where have you been looking? Most countries are substantially cheaper than the UK. You can get something nice in some regions of France for £40k. The US is generally cheaper as well. Maybe if you wanted to go to Moscow or Geneva you'd have to save up but our prices are right up there with the most expensive.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4558
    Sambostar said:
    I trained for 6 years, went to college for 4 

All i did was weed a few driveways, pick up a few leaves and listen to how ill and decrepid all those old people and their friends were. Don't you wish you did music production or somesuch, i know i did

• mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700
    edited October 2014
    I am pissed, so ignore me.  I don't actually know why I'm posting this crap.

For Chilli's knowledge

This bit

I am pissed.

explains

I don't actually know why I'm posting this crap

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136

And this following article by Jilly Goolden closely describes how I felt this morning -

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee189/chillidoggy/IMG_0966copy_zps281a3fc6.jpg

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    DesVegas said:
    Sambostar said:
    I trained for 6 years, went to college for 4 

All i did was weed a few driveways, pick up a few leaves and listen to how ill and decrepid all those old people and their friends were. Don't you wish you did music production or somesuch, i know i did

That's outrageous...you're not qualified.
    :))
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2414
    To quote some eastern wisdom: "It'll pass."

In the meantime, consider the wise words of the forum...

Wank and Mars bar, or whichever you prefer first.  Unless you're greedy, then do both together.
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24834
    beed84;398573" said:
    Unless you're greedy, then do both together.
    I've never found multi-tasking easy....
  •  Plus having to quit a band and possibly miss out on ever owning a house (it's expensive here but more so abroad).
    Where have you been looking? Most countries are substantially cheaper than the UK. You can get something nice in some regions of France for £40k. The US is generally cheaper as well. Maybe if you wanted to go to Moscow or Geneva you'd have to save up but our prices are right up there with the most expensive.

US cheaper but cheap timber frames and they live to work so not keen on that. 
    I like Germany/Austria but find that near the centres where the work is, prices work out around the same. 
    Scotland's not too bad (been here forever though) compared to down South, that's for sure. But now it looks like £250k for a 3-4 bed detached. We have maybe more than half of that but it doesn't mean I'm going to buy - prices are way too high and unsustainable IMO.