The last gasp of psychedelia

What's Hot
midiman1962midiman1962 Frets: 102
Went to see “the crazy world of Arthur brown” at the flowerpot,Derby last week. What a fantastic gig with the 81 year old ! Arthur singing as well as I’ve seen him, now surrounded by a band of younger multi instrumentalists using latest tech to meld the weird sounds of the 60’s psychedelic era in with the music. Organ player played lead guitar as well and another “guitar “ player played bass primarily (presumably through a modeller) as well as additional mellotron and slide guitar. If you like psychedelia , try and get to a gig in the tour.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12411
    Did he play fire?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6394
    I used to work with his brother Colin (no really I  did).
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • midiman1962midiman1962 Frets: 102
    munckee said:
    Did he play fire?
    Of course - he is “the god of hellfire”
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2418
    Wow, I had no idea he was still touring. I saw him twice back in the 90s. The first time was one of the best gigs I've ever seen.

Never mind Fire, I want to hear him play Chisholm In My Bosom!
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1266
    I also saw him live a couple of times back in the 90s - once with his full band in Cambridge (my mates were support) and again in Glastonbury for an intimate acoustic gig. Both superb gigs. Arthur has a great voice, is the consumate showman and always has great musicians backing him.

I met him again a few years later at a festival I was involved with. A lovely bloke and very fit - daily yoga, vegetarian diet and healthy living!

Arthur and his band were the support for Hawkwind last year at their Space Ritual anniversary gig at the Royal Albert Hall, later guesting with Hawkwind doing the Robert Calvert spoken pieces.

Dave Brock's even older than Arthur I think? Not bad for a couple of octogenarians.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4924
    Wow, I didn't know he was still even alive, never mind still performing!

I saw him at the Roundhouse in Camden in the late 1960's (maybe 1967?) and he fell off the stage and broke his leg!  Vincent Crane and Drachen Theaker just carried on playing as if nothing had happened!