NUX MG300 - using with a computer.

What's Hot
BobHillmanBobHillman Frets: 138
edited April 23 in FX
Has anybody got one of these? I cannot get the software to run - it just says "Please connect the modeller via USB" which I have done. The USB cable is brand new, and works perfectly OK with a mobile phone, what am I missing?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18884
    Try some other cables. USB cables are not all created equal, some are good for data, some not.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1638
    Very often with audio USB devices you have to run the software/drivers BEFORE you connect the kit. Sometimes as well you are told to connect and disconnect at stages through the installation. Might also be a good idea to see if there are any firmware updates to install?

Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4191
    edited April 23
    I had the NUX MG300  it’s a superb unit . I can’t figure what’s wrong  but it does need a lead capable of transmitting Data  some phone leads are just providing power . I’m assuming you’ve already tested it for data though . I can’t remember if there is a menu option you have to switch on for usb connection assuming you haven’t done that already .  Good luck with the troubleshooting anyway  do you have another cable you can try  it would not be unusual to have been sold a charge only cable as a data cable .

hope you get it sorted as they’re ace 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BobHillmanBobHillman Frets: 138
    edited April 29
    Thanks for the replies, @Kittyfrisk, @ecc83, and @hollywoodrox, I've been rather busy this week, hopefully I'll have more time to experiment further over the weekend.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom