Squier Sonic Mustangs?

What's Hot
LessPaulLessPaul Frets: 67
Thinking of picking one of these up solely as a bit of fun / modding platform? Has anyone tried one - are they any good?
I know they’re cheaper than a decent pedal, so not expecting too much, but just wondered peoples experiences / thoughts?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4149
    I’ve got an earlier one with the laurel fingerboard from when they were labelled as Bullets, great little guitars and a perfect modding platform. Expect to need to tidy up the fretwork with a polish perhaps, but otherwise perfectly serviceable
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17650
    tFB Trader
    My son had the previous gen.

It's very good for the price. The only issue with the old one is that the bridge is crap and non standard. I think that might be better with the new one though.
  • LessPaulLessPaul Frets: 67
    I’ve got an earlier one with the laurel fingerboard from when they were labelled as Bullets, great little guitars and a perfect modding platform. Expect to need to tidy up the fretwork with a polish perhaps, but otherwise perfectly serviceable
    Yeah’ I had a one of the earlier ‘Bullet’ one’s to, as you say’ they’re great little guitars. I like the maple and SS pickup set up on the newer sonics. 
  • LessPaulLessPaul Frets: 67

It's very good for the price. The only issue with the old one is that the bridge is crap and non standard. I think that might be better with the new one though.
    Agree, I changed the bridge on my old one for something a bit more retro looking, it just didn’t look right to me either.

https://i.imgur.com/DN3cpRh.jpg

• t1000t1000 Frets: 94
    My mate has and asked me to give it the once over, it was pretty good setup just needed a truss rod adjustment, I found the standard pickups (HB) a bit meh so put some vansons in and it sounded excellent afterwards. I really enjoyed playing it and I quite fancy one for the money you can't go wrong.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9660

My niece has one and I gave it a quick setup - I thought the bridge was terrible. Unnecessarily fiddly to thread the strings through it and an inexperienced player would struggle with restringing. Hopefully that part has been improved.
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    I have one of the Bullet ones - fantastic little guitar. I upgraded the nut on mine, and the tuners to Wilkinsons - I've used it as a platform to try pickups etc. 

I'm actually selling it for £80 if you're interested? 

MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom