Sky Arts, Johnson & Knopfler's music legends

BluesLoverBluesLover Frets: 671
A new 6 x 1 hour series on Sky Arts (free to air/non subscription)
Starts Thursday 25 April 10pm
Features
Tom Jones
Sam Fender
Cyndi Lauper
Nile Rodgers
Carlos Santana
Emmylou Harris
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14300
    tFB Trader
    Thanks for that - will dial in - Assume same format as when Johnson did the earlier shows on his own 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HeadphonesHeadphones Frets: 992
    Watched the first thirty minutes this morning and it's quite fun;  if you can get past the appearance Knopfler seems unable to walk properly anymore...

Who knew Tom Jones was a good chat?
    tFB Trader
    Agree - Sadly Mark looks in a bad way
    Tom was excellent and still has a great voice 
    tFB Trader
    Watched the 1st show last night with Tom - Great character with many stories to tell - Watched this show since it started and like Brian - Not so sure why he needed to brink MK into the mix - I like Mark, but to be truthful he brings little to the show - He is just to quite, maybe laid back and/or even dull in such a 'chat' show - Sadly, as mentioned above, he doesn't look to healthy 
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2387
    MK should just come clean about his health and be a voice for others suffering his condition. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22962
    Strat54 said:
    MK should just come clean about his health and be a voice for others suffering his condition. 
    I haven't seen the show but heard Knopfler being interviewed on the radio a couple of weeks ago.  Nice humble man, but I was taken aback by how "old" he sounded.  What condition do you think he has?
    tFB Trader
    Watched part 2 last night with Sam Fender - Without knowing much about him I liked him - Yes I've heard the singles - Seen a few video clips but can hardly say I know about him - Knew he could play and he is currently hot property

He came across very well and interesting - MK put a better shift in this time, compared to the Tom Jones show - 3 Geordies together and the show was good - Next up is Cindi Lauper
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12399
    Watched the 1st show last night with Tom - Great character with many stories to tell - Watched this show since it started and like Brian - Not so sure why he needed to brink MK into the mix - I like Mark, but to be truthful he brings little to the show - He is just to quite, maybe laid back and/or even dull in such a 'chat' show - Sadly, as mentioned above, he doesn't look to healthy 
    I’ve only watched the Cyndi lauper one and I thought what was the point of Brian!  Cyndi was really entertaining and had lots of interesting stories and points of view.