Stereo Jack into Amp or Pedals

JJJrJJJr Frets: 1
Possibly a daft question but basically I have a guitar that has two outputs (one for each pickup) one of these pickups is pre-bridge on a jazzmaster for the short length of string there the other output is for the main pickups on the guitar.

Im hoping to have two fx loops so I can plug my normal guitar into my pedalboard as normal, then the pre-bridge pickup into a different set of pedals using two separate jacks from the two separate outputs on the guitar. Now i'd like to run this through the same amp to save lugging two around so my thought was to have a mono-stereo jack out of my pedal board, L mono from the main fx loop connected to the normal pickups and R mono to the fx loop connected to the pre-bridge pickup and then the stereo end (combining both of these) into the amp.

My amp is an old 70s Sound City 120 and im wondering if it'll even register a stereo jack or just literally play one half of the audio coming into it?

Another simpler solution is I could use a mono-stereo cable from the guitar (L-mono for main pickup jack output and R-mono for pre-bridge pickup jack output) and have the stereo end into my pedalboard, but im worried here also that the pedalboard is possibly also a mono input? Therefore same problem persists that it would only register one half of the cable? My board starts with a Boss TU-2 tuner.

Thanks for any help in advance!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72449
    If you don’t mind having two cables from the guitar, just run each through the pedals you want for those and then into two channels on the amp, you don’t need any stereo connections at all.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JJJrJJJr Frets: 1
    ICBM said:
    If you don’t mind having two cables from the guitar, just run each through the pedals you want for those and then into two channels on the amp, you don’t need any stereo connections at all.
    Thanks, this is my backup option, I assume if I wanted them into the same channel (the second channel is a "brightness" channel on mine) i'd need a mono sum pedal or something? 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72449
    JJJr said:

Thanks, this is my backup option, I assume if I wanted them into the same channel (the second channel is a "brightness" channel on mine) i'd need a mono sum pedal or something? 
    If you want them in the same channel, use both jacks…

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein