SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Danelectro 1990s Korean built - Daddy-o/ TV Yellow

What's Hot
CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 886
edited April 25 in Guitars £

I’ve owned this since new and it had the hardcase as well. 

this late 90s model is a a great guitar and has all the vibes of the original Danelectro 3021 as played by Page, Barrett and Clapton. 

It features one of the best and no longer made original reissue finishes. Although I did see a 50 anniversary model for £650 on eBay 

It has the Dano coke bottle headstock and concentric knobs. Lipstick pickups. Chrome Danelectro tuners. 

there are a few signs of ageing but it’s in good condition for a guitar over 25 years old. 

I saw one that sold years back online for £400 so was thinking £450 

Open to trades, I have an Analogman Sunface I can add as well for the right trade. 

I believe the 1st reissues are very well thought of and it is a great guitar and certainly has its own sound. 

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 886

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1445
    Awesome!  I love 90's Danos, there's nothing quite like them.

I've got a U2 and a U2 Baritone (as well as a more recent Korean DC 12 string).  The early Korean ones have the 100K/1M stacked controls - they're much warmer sounding than the modern Korean / Chinese versions which have 500K IIRC and are much brighter.

And yes, that's a VERY cool colour.  GLWTS.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited April 26
    Dodge said:
    Awesome!  I love 90's Danos, there's nothing quite like them.

I've got a U2 and a U2 Baritone (as well as a more recent Korean DC 12 string).  The early Korean ones have the 100K/1M stacked controls - they're much warmer sounding than the modern Korean / Chinese versions which have 500K IIRC and are much brighter.

And yes, that's a VERY cool colour.  GLWTS.

Thank you very much for posting. I remember the reviews for the 90s ones being really good in guitar magazine. It seems a shame it’s not being used much at the moment, and with having a new house with costs for having it the way we want mounting. It seems the right time to have a clear out. Although I’m saying that I can’t help but to see what’s around for trades. 

• lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3337
    Proper bridge too. Its the one thing I cant get past on newer ones. Love it. 
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1445

Absolutely.  The wooden saddle definitely contributes to the tone in a positive way.
    Proper bridge too. It’s the one thing I cant get past on newer ones. Love it. 
    Thank you, I have played a few newer ones and they just don’t seem to have the same feel or vibe

Thanks ! I appreciate you posting. Hopefully someone will want to buy it soon 

edited April 28
    Bump on this. Would potentially look at trades. 

I really need a MacBook (no older than say 2021) 
    I am keen to try a Surfliner Deluxe by Guild. 
    I would be interested in a Vox or Fender Tube amp. 

And of course a Cash deal would be fantastic and help me to buy a dining table for the new house 

Bump

Bump

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1390
    The new 59 stock has the wooden bridge.
    Bump in this and open to trades now 

Bump