SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: original vintage 1959 Les Paul Junior

What's Hot
fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5077
edited April 30 in Guitars £
Sold
Original vintage Les Paul Junior from the holy grail year 1959. I bought it several years ago from ATB as an all original guitar with original frets. It currently has Fake58 tuners on it, a Fake58 jack plate and a Gibson Historic wraparound bridge, as the original parts were rather worn. I do still have all those original parts and they’re in the Hiscox case. There are no breaks or repairs other than two old strap button screw holes on the rear of the guitar which Neil Ivison filled and lacquered for me using aniline dye like on the originals.

The guitar has various marks, playwear and lacquer checking as you’d expect after 65 years - some would say it’s got lots of patina and mojo. There’s a little fretwear on the first few frets but nothing that needs attention yet imo. It plays very well, sounds fantastic and it is feather light at only 6lb 10oz in weight and extremely resonant. Most of the pics show a MojoAxe wraparound bridge on the guitar but it’ll be sold with the Gibson Historic wraparound (see final pic) that came from a CS LP Special I had. The price is £7,500 firm, no offers thanks, collection from Salisbury in Wiltshire. The only trade I might consider would be for a lightweight CS Relic Strat plus £5k my way. More pics available via PM to anyone who’s genuinely interested in buying the guitar.

Thanks for looking.

250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    I had an identical Jr as one of my very first guitars many many years ago. An amazing guitar that virtually played itself, such a slick action, and those ‘59 P90s are something else.

Nice to see one in such wonderful condition @fretfinder. GLWTS, it will make someone very happy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 893
    Oh my, that looks awesome!
    Checks back pocket for £7.5K only to find £4.70 and a Tesco receipt...Damn!
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1160
    Ooh I love that. It's pretty much my ideal Junior. Normally I'd be interested, but from September I'll have two brats instead of one at university. GLWTS anyway.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5077
    Now sold, elsewhere. 
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom