Luminite MIDI Controllers - Any Experience?

AndySolAndySol Frets: 1
Hi All,

I'm looking into MIDI controllers for FX and amp switching. I'm aware of Morningstar and various others, but recently came across Luminite controllers.

They seem to offer a great feature set, touch screens, wireless control, even groovy little devices you can fix to your guitar to carry out patch changes etc. On top of that they seem very competitively priced.

Has anybody got any experience of buying and using them?

Cheers

Andy
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ragingbenragingben Frets: 107
    edited April 28
    They look cool, I found this thread and read through a chunks of it.

https://thegearforum.com/threads/luminite-graviton-m1-midi-controller.2152/page-21

I don't have one but I was initially interested as it seems a really capable unit, and the guy who makes it is very responsive and is clearly talented. The pedals also look solidly built and well thought out.

However I've got to say the development process worries me a bit, it seems to be extremely loose and fast with new versions being pumped full of features and fired out quickly. He seems to implement nearly all suggestions from users, and some of them seem very niche. As a developer this is a lot to manage and can quickly end in spaghetti code that is hard to maintain. A lot of the bugs being reported point to this being true (for example unexpected behaviour when combinations of settings are used together) and this would worry me if I was using it to control a board full of midi pedals and was gigging. I might be totally wrong, just my 2p.
  • AndySolAndySol Frets: 1
    ragingben said:
    They look cool, I found this thread and read through a chunks of it.

https://thegearforum.com/threads/luminite-graviton-m1-midi-controller.2152/page-21

I don't have one but I was initially interested as it seems a really capable unit, and the guy who makes it is very responsive and is clearly talented. The pedals also look solidly built and well thought out.

However I've got to say the development process worries me a bit, it seems to be extremely loose and fast with new versions being pumped full of features and fired out quickly. He seems to implement nearly all suggestions from users, and some of them seem very niche. As a developer this is a lot to manage and can quickly end in spaghetti code that is hard to maintain. A lot of the bugs being reported point to this being true (for example unexpected behaviour when combinations of settings are used together) and this would worry me if I was using it to control a board full of midi pedals and was gigging. I might be totally wrong, just my 2p.
    Great, thanks for that I'll check that link out. You make a goo dpoint re the dev process......