ESP LTD M-50 spare part sought

BndBnd Frets: 0
  I have misplaced the whammy bar for my guitar. I am seeking a replacement one. Do any members of the forum know of a used one for sale or the thread type of an original one. The original bar seems not to be a metric thread size, possibly a american thread size. Worse case scenario I can make a bar and have it threaded to match the original unit, however, I would like to replace the missing one with original equipment. Deepest thanks in advance for any pointers or information about anyone selling one of these arms.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14511
    edited April 27
    Welcome to The Fretboard.

In answering your question, the first thing to establish is the make/model of vibrato on your LTD M-50. The absence of the letters FR from the guitar model name suggests a non-locking fulcrum vibrato rather than a licensed Floyd Rose.

Remove the spring cavity cover plate. Inspect the vibrato sustain block for embossed identifier letters and/or numbers. This could be Sung-il, Ping Well, Gotoh or any number of other SE Asian brands.

If, for example, you find P. W. 26, it should be easy to source the matching arm from an official ESP/LTD retailer.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom