Short scale

What's Hot
PopDufcPopDufc Frets: 4
I have a hankering for a 24" scale 12" radius guitar. 
All I can see is the Music Man Cutlass Short Scale and the Squire Paranormal Jaguar HH.
Both tick the boxes. I have tried the squire and nice but a but to many sonic options! 
Haven't tried the Cutlass but tremalo option is good.
Are there any alternatives out there. 
I can't do with fender smaller neck radius.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rprrpr Frets: 310
    There's a Burns short scale, don't know the radius tho..
    http://www.burnsguitars.com/ssj.php 
  • PopDufcPopDufc Frets: 4
    There is! Guitar Guitar have them. I'll give it a look next time.im in Edinburgh. 
    Thanks 
  • allenallen Frets: 712
    There's a japanese made Fender 'Junior' series that were released recently. Don't know the radius though. Fairly spendy for what they are though.

I've got a short scale cutlass.
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1005
    i think the squier bullet mustang is 12" radius.
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    There are some that's got what I want. The mustang with the 2 stripes have 12" radius. Mist are 9.5
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    allen said:
    There's a japanese made Fender 'Junior' series that were released recently. Don't know the radius though. Fairly spendy for what they are though.

I've got a short scale cutlass.
    What is the Cutlass like and hiw was it "out the box" looking for something easier to play comfortably. 
  • bencam1997bencam1997 Frets: 12
    I had one of those MIJ teles with the short scale. Build quality was top notch. Great little guitar. But little was really the main word there... had to send it back because it did really feel like a kids guitar

I had one of those MIJ teles with the short scale. Build quality was top notch. Great little guitar. But little was really the main word there... had to send it back because it did really feel like a kids guitar

What was the price?

• HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 9713
    edited April 30
    Fender Modern Player Jaguar - 24” scale, and 12” radius. Also, IIRC, dispenses with the usual overly-complicated Jaguar switching bits’n’bods.

edit - ignore me. It has a 9.5” radius :-(
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
  • markarkarkmarkarkark Frets: 139
    PopDufc said:
    There are some that's got what I want. The mustang with the 2 stripes have 12" radius. Mist are 9.5

Squier Bullet Mustang (in all colours) was 12" radius. They're discontinued now -- replaced by the Squier Sonic Mustang, which are 9.5".
  • markarkarkmarkarkark Frets: 139
    Also might be worth noting that the Bullet necks are thinner (the neck profile I mean, not the nut width), whereas the new Sonic series are a little thicker
  • bencam1997bencam1997 Frets: 12
    PopDufc said:

What was the price?

I believe 800-900, there is a mint one on reverb at the minute somewhere in the 600's. But 9.5 radius 
  • spev11spev11 Frets: 333
    shorter but not fully short? https://www.andertons.co.uk/brands/eastcoast/eastcoast-jg-offset-electric-guitar-hh-in-white
    it is 12" radius, if the strat copy I have is anything to go by it'll be good out of the box
  • nikharrisonnikharrison Frets: 96
    Depending on budget, a Charvel 750XL ticks all the boxes. 
    Teacher, musician, generally an enthusiastic and peaceful idealist. Run the Contemporary Guitar Performance Workshop education project and the Audio Design Workshop studio. Online guitar and piano/keyboard lessons available over Zoom/Skype. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Also might be worth noting that the Bullet necks are thinner (the neck profile I mean, not the nut width), whereas the new Sonic series are a little thicker
    Thanks. I'll look out for a Previously loved one