Orange Rocker 15 Terror question - fx loop

What's Hot
noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 806
I do fancy giving one of these a go at some point in the not too distant.

Question about the fx loop though - it’ll be used at home a fair bit with reverb etc in the loop, so if the FX loop noticeably raises the noise floor or/and loses volume or treble etc at low volumes it’ll be a bit of a non-starter. 

Basically I’d want it to work as well as the one in the latest generation Marshall DSL which I believe is wired pre master volume and works pretty much perfectly - no extra noise, no change in sound.

Can any owners or those with technical experience of them elucidate? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• MSedgMSedg Frets: 123
    I’ve got one - it’s got a Boss RV6, EHX Oceans 11, MXR delay all in the loop. I’ve not been using it at massive volume, just at home, but not noticed anything out of the ordinary sound-wise. 
  • noisepolluternoisepolluter Frets: 806
    Good to know, thanks! 
  • NerineNerine Frets: 2204
    Hear me out. 

Get one. 
    Plug your effects into the loop of it. 
    Adjust the EQ on the amp to your taste to potentially negate any unwanted frequency loss. 
    Play the amp. 

Don’t overthink it. The loop is likely fine. 

Orrrr. Google it. “Rocker 15 Terror FX Loop”. 

I quickly found out the Bogner 3534 I had a deal
    lined up for had a dreadful fx loop after googling it a bit. I managed to pull the plug on the deal before agreeing to it. 

If no results come up or no one seems to be mentioning it, it’s probably fine. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3073
    @noisepolluter ;

I shall probably sell my Rocker 15 Terror in the near future as Im smitten with my lunchbox 5150, it has the soft case and I have the box so could mail it if you were interested

I never had an issue with pedals in the fx loop
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

paulnb57 said:
    @noisepolluter ;

I shall probably sell my Rocker 15 Terror in the near future as Im smitten with my lunchbox 5150, it has the soft case and I have the box so could mail it if you were interested

Ooh!

you may well have sold it/decided not to sell it by the time I’m in a suitable financial position (maybe a couple of months), but if you do definitely decide to sell it in the meantime would you mind giving me a heads up in case I can scratch the funds together? Feel free to tell me to go forth and multiply if that’s a cheeky ask.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3073
    paulnb57 said:
    @noisepolluter ;

Ooh!

you may well have sold it/decided not to sell it by the time I’m in a suitable financial position (maybe a couple of months), but if you do definitely decide to sell it in the meantime would you mind giving me a heads up in case I can scratch the funds together? Feel free to tell me to go forth and multiply if that’s a cheeky ask.
    Not cheeky at all, Im terribly slow at getting round to advertising stuff for sale, so when I get my finger out Ill let you know….
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

paulnb57 said:
    Not cheeky at all, Im terribly slow at getting round to advertising stuff for sale, so when I get my finger out I’ll let you know….
    Thanks mate, much appreciated. I’ll see what fiscal streamlining I can put in place in the meantime!