Grace Bowers - anyone heard of her?

What's Hot
supessupes Frets: 183
I'm a bit disappointed. I've watched quite a few of her youtube vids, and really liked some of her playing. For her age she's progressed really quickly in such a short time. 

Her band had just released their first single and it's not doing for me. Not keen on the song and not sure I'd have gone with that as her debut. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1136
    Yea I like her as well. I didn't have high expectations of her band because she's brought in a vocalist. Same reason why Kenny Wayne Shepherd's songs don't appeal to me. I'd have preferred it if she just did an all instrumental song. 
  • supessupes Frets: 183
    @MagicPigDetective cheers. I had a quick look through the posts in "Music" category but hadn't expected it to be under "Guitar".
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7826

I liked it.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1137
    supes said:
    I'm a bit disappointed. I've watched quite a few of her youtube vids, and really liked some of her playing. For her age she's progressed really quickly in such a short time. 

Her band had just released their first single and it's not doing for me. Not keen on the song and not sure I'd have gone with that as her debut. 
    The funk one? I like it, but it doesn't need Grace on it at all. I don't quite get all the hype about her. She plays well, but doesn't sing and doesn't really front her band.
  • supessupes Frets: 183
    @ElectricXII yeah the funk one. Agree it doesn't really need her on it. I was maybe hoping for a debut more aligned to her snippets/vids that i've seen. 
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23030
    For some reason quite a few clips of her have been appearing on my YouTube this week.  I like her playing, but I'm 100% sure any record she does wouldn't be something I'd want to listen to.
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6143
    edited April 28
    Very tasteful for one so young. Very old school but there ain't nothing wrong with that.
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27164
    I'm extremely pleased she's not making yet more generic white folk blues/rock because that's literally the last thing the world needs more of
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • BrizeBrize Frets: 5630
    I’m surprised that there isn’t more enthusiasm for a young person carrying the torch, so to speak. I think she’s great and I imagine she’d slay anyone on this forum.