NND - a baritone Telecaster neck, now with a picture

What's Hot
Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7913
edited May 2 in Guitar

For a bit of a change I've bought a baritone Telecaster neck (as long as we all ignore the black paisley Tele I bought last week) with a maple fingerboard.

Aesthetically I generally prefer maple boards to rosewood or other darker woods, so I shall probably put it on one of the Teles I have without maple boards.

If so, the choice is between:

Tangerine Squier Custom - which has a very nice Oil City humbucker in the bridge and a Suhr Classic T in the neck.

Fiesta Red Vintera II - all original at the moment and I don't dislike the look of it.

Purple Squier Sonic Esquire - pickup replaced with a Billy Corgan sig. but a little limited in sound options as a consequence

Black/white Fade (Silver Smoke) Player Plus - has Fender Noiseless pickups in and a fairly anaemic fingerboard, so currently the favourite.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7965
    The player plus, since Tele pickups sounds great in low tuning. 
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7913

As it turned out, the Silver Smoke Tele was the perfect choice, as there were locating holes in the headstock which lined up perfectly with the locking tuners and neck holes which lined up perfectly too (though that was fairly likely to be the case with all of them).

Other than a bit of work cutting down the nut slots and a little tweak here and there of the intonation and saddle height it all went together very quickly, and sounds great. :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2

httpscdnbskyappimgfeed_thumbnailplaindidplcbfz4iiz3notipkz2jksbhcymbafkreiajrfdikcrnl27l4nqlfqwcyil37ivyduy7mzkzk43htl6qveycgqjpeg

Also pictured (to the right of the baritone neck) a new Japanese Tele in Morocco Red, not pictured (yet) the black Paisley Tele previously owned by @CountryDave

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CountryDaveCountryDave Frets: 862
    Paul_C said:

httpscdnbskyappimgfeed_thumbnailplaindidplcbfz4iiz3notipkz2jksbhcymbafkreiajrfdikcrnl27l4nqlfqwcyil37ivyduy7mzkzk43htl6qveycgqjpeg

Also pictured (to the right of the baritone neck) a new Japanese Tele in Morocco Red, not pictured (yet) the black Paisley Tele previously owned by @CountryDave ;

:)

September?
     ;) 
    Paul_C said:

Also pictured (to the right of the baritone neck) a new Japanese Tele in Morocco Red, not pictured (yet) the black Paisley Tele previously owned by @CountryDave ;

:)

September?
     ;) 

I had to take it out of the box to confirm for you that it had arrived safely ;) 

I decided that I would put the red one away instead, the red one that has not been put away either.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7965
    Looks great 
    edited May 3

I spent a little time today filing the screw hole in the bridge for the lowest string (a B ) so I could get the saddle right back as far as it would go to intonate properly, and I think I can call it done for now (the noiseless pickups are a little on the brittle side so I may swap them for something else eventually).

I also took the Cobalt Chrome set out of my Electron Green Tele and replaced them with a Bare Knuckle True Grit in the neck and an Oil City Fortyniner in the bridge, and changed the pickups in the new Morocco Red Japanese Tele for a Broadcaster and Twisted Tele combo.

My daughter is here as usual so I won't get to properly listen to them until Sunday but I'm looking forward to checking everything out.