SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Fender Custom Shop Esquire ‘Z’

What's Hot
gpw5150gpw5150 Frets: 24
edited April 28 in Guitars £
Hi all,
Fender Custom Shop Esquire Billy Gibbons. 

I believe a number of these were made either in tribute to Mr Gibbons or as a sampler for a signature guitar. 

The finish is deep black and difficult to photograph without reflections, i cannot see any marks or damage on the guitar.

The body is ash with a white binding around the top only. The bridge is six saddle and it is fitted with the seymour duncan bg1400 stacked humbucker and a single volume pot. The pickup is modelled on the pearly gates and it does sound like a Les Paul, but retains a little telecaster twang, though it is much thicker and more brutal than a telecaster/esquire.

The neck is flamed maple and bound in white with a black matched headstock. The tuners are the height differentiated ones to ensure a clean break over the nut. 22 fret neck with a pinstripe inlay logo at the 12th position.

There is the usual fender decals and a ‘Not Contour Body’ decal which I assume is a Fender/BG joke.

All in all, it is in perfect condition, well setup with a low action, plays well and sounds great.

Happy with trades/part ex for a Fender Tweed amp - Pro, Deluxe, Twin or clone therein.

Fender Cabronita or interesting custom shop guitars or Gretsch Setzer/6119 - anythibg kinda rockabilly

Brompton S1 or S2 bike - good/ custom spec

Alfa Romeo TCT clutch replacement and front bush replacement - if you are a mechanic!

Looking for £3000, but open to offers.

https://1drv.ms/a/s!Ag803jKKjwxRhYtpgLP5vPQlHH8UCQ

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 722
    This is very very cool. Any idea on the neck size and radius? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gpw5150gpw5150 Frets: 24
    Unfortunately I don’y have any accurate means of measuring, but it is definitely not a ‘U’ neck as I have one of those already on another guitar.

It feels like a ‘D’ neck - a bit more than a ‘C’ is how I would describe it, but only a bit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bump - open to trades as above and other interesting stuff.
    Bumpage - open to trades, even for bikes!