Pedal Recommendation Needed - Looper (maybe?)

What's Hot
deloreandelorean Frets: 226

I’m looking for a pedal recommendation – I’m assuming it’ll be a looper of some sort but I’m not 100%, as I know absolutely zero about this side of things.

What I need is to be able to load a number of .wav or .mp3 samples into a pedal and trigger them when needed. 

I don’t need to have a guitar connected to the pedal as it’ll never be used for looping.  It’ll only ever be used for triggering samples.

Some (not all) of the samples will have a click track panned to one side which I’ll want to send to a drummer.  I’d want to send the other side (sans click) to the desk.  So I guess a stereo output is a must-have to be able to do that.

I was told to try a Digitech Jamman Solo XT, but they seem to be discontinued so I’m not sure whether that’ll do what I need.

Thanks in advance!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28872
    I think the Boss RC-500 will do that quite happily. But might be a bit thermonuclear-weapon-to-crack-a-walnut...
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 617
    A Boss RC-5 will do this. A bit less of a thermonuclear-weapon-to-crack-a-walnut approach 
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 617
    ... although you may need a midi controller depending on how you plan to use it. As an example, I used it to trigger and play the vocal intro to the Glee version of Don't Stop Believing (don't ask!) but it was one trigger for one song. If you need multiple samples per song, midi might be the way to go.

• LionAquaLooperLionAquaLooper Frets: 1176
    If you haven't already - this Reddit thread might give you a few pointers:  The Boss RC series and Ditto + are mentioned there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/guitarpedals/comments/16ex1h1/pedal_for_triggering_samples/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • deloreandelorean Frets: 226
    Beexter said:
    ... although you may need a midi controller depending on how you plan to use it. As an example, I used it to trigger and play the vocal intro to the Glee version of Don't Stop Believing (don't ask!) but it was one trigger for one song. If you need multiple samples per song, midi might be the way to go.

Ah thanks!  Yes it's generally one sample per song.  I'll take a look into the RC-5 =)
    If you haven't already - this Reddit thread might give you a few pointers:  The Boss RC series and Ditto + are mentioned there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/guitarpedals/comments/16ex1h1/pedal_for_triggering_samples/
    Thanks for this, it looks really useful - I'll have a read through!
    Sporky said:
    I think the Boss RC-500 will do that quite happily. But might be a bit thermonuclear-weapon-to-crack-a-walnut...
    Cheers!  Yes I think that might be a bit overkill for my needs (and for my technophobe brain)!