PSA Fender AVRI '62 Telecaster Custom in Surf Green for sale - someone on here was looking for one

What's Hot
rze99rze99 Frets: 2385

PSA There's a Fender AVRI '62 Telecaster Custom in Surf Green for sale for a sensible price on eBay - someone on here was looking for one many weeks ago.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RickLucasRickLucas Frets: 421
    Beautiful that
  • rze99rze99 Frets: 2385

FYI that's not the original bridge or saddles which is not mentioned.
    If I were buying I'd want to see neck and body stamps markings before remote buying.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • theatreanchortheatreanchor Frets: 1552

Nice though.
  • Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1168
    Saw this on fb for £900, seems to have jumped now 
  • Hi everybody!! So I sold the guy this guitar on Monday after owning it for about 1 years. A few interesting points he doesn’t say on his ads - just as an fyi (also having met him, he’s a nice dude) 
    - it’s a poly finish not nitro as he’s says- he recons it’s an ‘08, I think it’s a ‘12 - I’m no expert in serial numbers so meh!
    - has stainless steel frets
    - and an additional string tree fitted
    - new bridge plate to hold 6 saddles as opposed to the original 3 brass rollers (so it actually intonates)
    - also has quite a few knocks and dings that aren’t pictured, but is a wicked guitar. 

Yes he’s put the price up but hey, I got what I wanted for it. If anyone here buys it let me know, I’ve done a lot of miles with that guitar so good to keep on touch of where it goes! 
    Happy to give more info on the guitar to anyone who wants it too. 

Chris 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • gatheredinsonggatheredinsong Frets: 670
    Welcome to the forum Chris and thanks for the information. This caught my eye too, pretty guitar! 
    Hi everybody!! So I sold the guy this guitar on Monday after owning it for about 1 years. A few interesting points he doesn’t say on his ads - just as an fyi (also having met him, he’s a nice dude) 
    - it’s a poly finish not nitro as he’s says- he recons it’s an ‘08, I think it’s a ‘12 - I’m no expert in serial numbers so meh!
    - has stainless steel frets
    - and an additional string tree fitted
    - new bridge plate to hold 6 saddles as opposed to the original 3 brass rollers (so it actually intonates)
    - also has quite a few knocks and dings that aren’t pictured, but is a wicked guitar. 

Yes he’s put the price up but hey, I got what I wanted for it. If anyone here buys it let me know, I’ve done a lot of miles with that guitar so good to keep on touch of where it goes! 
    Happy to give more info on the guitar to anyone who wants it too. 

Chris 
    It’s a poly finish not nitro as he’s says

He needs to correct it. 

It's inaccurate. In fact, Mis-selling.

Fender AVRIs attract a price, in part, because of the nitro finish.

Nice guitar as it stands, but it is in fact a partscaster now, not a "Fender".  Who knows who made the body...?

I will send him a message.

Do we mean that it has a poly finish or a poly undercoat, nitro topcoat as avris of this era did?
    I just sent him this message.

Hi

There is a thread on www.thefretboard.co.uk about this. I started it because i recall someone wanted this model and this colour but I couldn't remember who it was.

A poster on the thread "It’s a poly finish not nitro as he’s says". 

Assuming that's true please would you kindly correct it and list the non-standard items.  The advert is inaccurate as it stands. 

Fender AVRI models attract a price, in part, because of the nitro finish. 

A nice guitar as it stands, but it is in fact a partscaster now, not a "Fender".  

Best wishes with the sale.

R
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3683
    But it is still a Fender? By those thought trains any modded guitar from original is a parts caster, nobody said this had a body swap?
    Or am I missing something?
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 12388
    robgilmo said:
    But it is still a Fender? By those thought trains any modded guitar from original is a parts caster, nobody said this had a body swap?
    Or am I missing something?
    Yeah - could simply have been refinished.
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9744
    edited May 1
    Another business that has deceitfully avoided ebay’s business seller policy… The florid, self-congratulatory nonsense these people use in their descriptions puts me right off. 

No serial number to check authenticity, and for that reason, I’m out.
    Another business that has deceitfully avoided ebay’s business seller policy… The florid, self-congratulatory nonsense these people use in their descriptions puts me right off. 

No serial number to check authenticity, and for that reason, I’m out.
    Serial number is on the neck plate but I can’t make it out 
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9744
    edited May 1
    Ah, ok, I thought it might have been stamped on the bridge, but that would be for 50s style Teles.

”Computer… enhance!”
  • JamesSGBrownJamesSGBrown Frets: 234
    AVRI are nitro over poly.
    FWIW I had an AVRI '62 and an early MIJ TL62 at the same time.  I kept the MIJ. The AVRI's are not better in any way once electronics have been swapped out (and assuming you can live with the wrong headstock decal ha).
  • Irishbread69Irishbread69 Frets: 14
    Nice guitar, I have an AO custom with a painted headstock. Interesting to see how it will age, the discoloration is really pleasing somehow, must have seen a lot of sunlight!
  • Will_HWill_H Frets: 3
    rze99 said:

Hi

There is a thread on www.thefretboard.co.uk about this. I started it because i recall someone wanted this model and this colour but I couldn't remember who it was.

Assuming that's true please would you kindly correct it and list the non-standard items.  The advert is inaccurate as it stands. 

A nice guitar as it stands, but it is in fact a partscaster now, not a "Fender".  

R
    Watch out it's the eBay police! 
  • KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 19298
    Will_H said:
    rze99 said:

Hi

R
    Interesting viewpoint. I'd consider @rze99  to be looking after the interests of all potential guitarists & buyers.
    Is that so bad?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Will_H said:
    rze99 said:

Hi

R
    Interesting viewpoint. I'd consider @rze99  to be looking after the interests of all potential guitarists & buyers.
    Is that so bad?
    That was my intention.