PSA : Musicman Sterling Joe Dart signature bass £325 - for 1 month only

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• LukeFRCLukeFRC Frets: 2
    Sporky said:
    At that price you could afford to have it painted so it looks not-awful I s'pose. 
    The amusing thing is that the USA built expensive version was in itself a copy of a cheap pile of arse that was owned by Vulfpeck boss Jack Stratton and often used by Joe Dart for recording.

It might be the only time a signature model has been made based on a really cheap nasty instrument.
    Now we have another cheap one based on the expensive one, based on the cheap one!

what was the pile of arse bass? 

The problem with a Joe Dart bass is I think he would more or less sound like Joe dart on most basses, I would hazard a guess the compressor pedal is more a key part of his sound.
    oh and he’s practiced a lot more than me! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14629
    LukeFRC said:
    a cheap pile of arse that was owned by Vulfpeck boss Jack Stratton and often used by Joe Dart for recording.
    what was the pile of arse bass? 
    Judging by Equipboard, the POA bass was a Carlo Robelli SWD.

A second possibility - one that certainly qualifies for the POA description - is the OLP MM2. 

A friend of mine had a blue one with matching headstock. The money for doing that might have been better spent on improving the bridge or the jack socket. Heavy body, budget pickup, passive controls wired like a Fender Jazz. Neck coil volume, bridge coil volume, treble roll off. Not a patch on the SUB Ray 4.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom