Machine Head 50th anniversary LE set

What's Hot
bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 617
Anyone picked this up. Intrigued as to what the Dweezil Zappa remix is all about. I have the original album bought a few days after release in 72 then the CD then the remix reissue and whatnot over the years. Adore the album as it changed my life as my first rock album but not sure if this new release brings anything new of worth to the party
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23332
    I think I read something with Roger Glover where he was saying the Dweezil remix was nothing to do with them, and he didn't see the point of it.  I don't think I'm going to be buying it to find out, although I haven't looked into what different versions are available (assuming there is more than one).
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11394
    I heard the new version of Pictures of Home. People have been imprisoned because of such crimes. Utterly pointless, unnecessary and a travesty.

The original, like the rest of the album, is brilliant. This new version isn't.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17718
    tFB Trader
    I was hoping it was Burn My Eyes =)
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 617
    Hhmmm, IMO not good when the band don't have an input... remember Jon Lord always saying it was a 'dark sounding' album so maybe Zappa has brightened it up. There are some extras but I already have the quad & Aachen 1970 gig
    To me orignal was pretty much perfect other than leaving Blind man off but guess Blackmore made that happen just to piss Gillan off LOL... Will wait for some more YT demos to come out... If it was £50 fair enough but at nearly £100 it has to be something well worth buying what might be 85% duplication. Think the deluxe is vinyl, CDs and a blu ray audio thing
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23332
    I was hoping it was Burn My Eyes =)
    Robb Flynn's not that old.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom