Lincolnshire folks - where to live?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6916
    edited May 4
    Louth probably for me. You’ve also got Tetney closer to Grimsby. My biggest issue with living there would be shit transport links and not enough gigs to go and see! 

Scartho is ok in some parts but Waltham, Briglsey etc are nicer and more village like in feel. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1483
    edited May 4
    Lodious said:
    Woodhall Spa is really nice, great outdoor pool during the summer and a really nice bakery. 

£250k will get you fuck all in terms of living accommodation in Woodhall spa, unfortunately 

But if you can afford it, it’s a lovely village (I lived and worked there for nearly 5 years annd my wife’s family lived there until moving to Tattershall recently)…. only downside is lack of decent roads and everyone is woodhall is SO FUCKING NOSEY. So if you have any drama, someone will find out about your business as all the little cliques gossip. But it can’t be faulted for the amenities, scenery and history. 

Tattershall and coningsby are quite nice as alternatives (5 mins drive). 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1483
    Oh and it’s been said, but avoid Grantham. I grew up in that area, and it’s an absolute cess pit. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14667
    weird, leathery faced people, with weird accents and bad breath, they put sheep in fields of rotting crops over winter and the whole place stinks or rotting vegetables. Avoid. The houses are cheap for a reason, your neighbours will probably be kiddy fiddling witches or trolls.
    I resent this. Several generations of the maternal side of my family were born in Lincolnshire. I'll have you know that their chief hobbies were Wicca and taking a belt to the children. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16248
    Don't do it, Lincolnshire is awful.

I live in Norfolk and have to cross the border into Lincolnshire every day for work in Spalding, as I have for the last 21 years. I have found nothing good in Lincolnshire in that time, weird, leathery faced people, with weird accents and bad breath, they put sheep in fields of rotting crops over winter and the whole place stinks or rotting vegetables. Avoid. The houses are cheap for a reason, your neighbours will probably be kiddy fiddling witches or trolls.

I breathe a sigh of relief every time I get back across the river Nene into the clean air of Nelson's County on my commute.

When I retire next year I see no reason to ever return to the Godforsaken hell hole.
    When 6 fingers is better than 7
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom