Soundblox

What's Hot
monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17652
in FX tFB Trader
Been listening to a few demos of Soundblox Stuff. 

I'm quite impressed. It's nice to see a company making pedals that do interesting different things and look unique rather than just cloning a Boss or MXR look. 

It's also cool to see people doing innovative digital stuff. 

The Multiwave and Orbital Modulator look very cool. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I loves the look of the distortion, I made a post on the old place about it but no one had one.

The modulation one looks pretty cool, too. Agreed on originality. They're good with a hot finger, too - I found a band doing dubstep with them.
  • The Multiwave distortion does look cool, although the demos I've heard have been almost synthy type stuff, which to me sounds perfect but not what some would be expecting. I have the programmable EQ, love it, although it's a pain in the ass to use how I wanted it in the loop of my amp as it pops a lot when switching - even when using MIDI - but this isn't noticeable when it's used up front.

I agree with you though - I just love that they have done something different and the different levels of the pedals at different price ranges is perfect.
  • My apologies I can't remember who it is but someone on here has the most expensive pedal board I've ever seen and they had an Orbital keeping company with Pete Cornish pedals and the like. They seem to be very smart indeed, IIRC they have MIDI as well which is a big plus for some folks. Just not much UK distribution. :(
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Bass Direct can get them all.

I got my Bass Multiwave from them (for sale as it happens)
  • Yeah, the MIDI functionality is awesome. When I was still pushing ahead with my MIDI board I was seriously considering more SA gear.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8495
    They do look at and sound cool. IIRC Steven Wilson used the multiwave distortion on the last Porcupine Tree album, "The Incident".

The only thing that puts me off a bit is that for the price, you get a silly shaped pedal made out of plastic. So not the sturdiest of builds, and I have heard stories from a couple of people that they're not that reliable.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom