Boss ME-90b

What's Hot
UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12991
in Bass
Well, shit. I thought I was done with bass GAS and then they do this.

Looks absolutely perfect for my use case(s).

https://www.boss.info/global/products/me-90b/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14714
    A friend of mine has the guitar version. It packs a lot of features into the box. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72913
    The different coloured LEDs are the best bit :).

I have the older ME-50B - which they never updated while the guitar version went to the 70 and then the 80 - so this might be quite a big jump forward. I still use my GT-1B more though... even though it's a pest to edit on the fly.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12991
    ICBM said:
    The different coloured LEDs are the best bit :).

I have the older ME-50B - which they never updated while the guitar version went to the 70 and then the 80 - so this might be quite a big jump forward. I still use my GT-1B more though... even though it's a pest to edit on the fly.
    I didn't get on with the 50b because it wasn't quite flexible enough.

They've fixed that with this, there's overlap between the effects in each slot which resolves all the issues I had before. Add the AIRD amp models too and this is perfect for me - the gx100 I had sounded ace but I hate screen editing, apparently. 

The only worry I have is that I'll inevitably get bored and want single pedals again just for funsies.
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12991
    Anyway I'm about 99% sure I'm getting one.

Only question is if I wait for Amazon to get them in stock, purely because their returns process is so good if required. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72913
    The only worry I have is that I'll inevitably get bored and want single pedals again just for funsies.
    I've *almost* cured myself of single-pedal addiction...

For bass, I have just a Behringer Super Fuzz which is my normal sole pedal with the punk band (no point in a multi for that), and a Boss SY-1 which I use with my space-rock jam project along with one of the multis.

I also have a Behringer BDI21 as an amp backup, and an old Aria parametric EQ which I never use, but I'm not counting those ;).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24755
    I really fancy one of these as well.

Or get the Boss Katana 500 bass head and do all the FX stuff in the head and carry even less stuff.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14714
    The ME-90 and -90B make good sense as a fly rig for musicians who entrust their signals to a full-range public address system.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.