Elgato Streamdeck (Mobile) - fun things to do?

What's Hot
fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24688
I'm bored and should be working, so naturally I just downloaded the free version of Streamdeck for my iPad and installed the Win10 app.

I have 6 buttons available for the free one. It defaults to Volume controls, screen shot, show desktop etc etc. Boring stuff.

So, what controls should I actually program it with? I know it was conceived as a streaming thing, but I don't do that.

What would be fun to do with it?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28857
    A keyboard macro?

Win, cmd (return), format c: (return), oops (return), y (return)

Let us know how that goes. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24688
    I've found a handy thing called "Windows Mover"

It allows a single button push to put all your favourite windows in exactly the same place every day. Just set it up as you like it, then save it.

Then when it's time to work again, open the various windows then hit the button and they'll all move to the right place in the right size.

It is possible to have a sequence to open all the windows you want, then wait for a suitable time period for them to all open, and then move them all into place. But I haven't figured that out yet.

I'm also trying to find out if different presets can be made - like Helix Snapshots really - so I could have different window layouts depending on whether I'm working, or recording etc. Hopefully! That would be a real annoyance solver.

Yup - this is ace.

After I do my start up and unlock the encryption on my drives I can hit 1 button and it will open a browser, Excel, and acrobat.

Then it will move all those into the exact places I want them on my screens.
    Then I can have another button that re-positions those for other types of work.

The only thing I can't seem to do is make it open multiple windows of the same program and then put them in different places. I don't know if it can do that, but I've sent a message to support to ask.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7597
    When I was on endless zoom calls from home the streamdeck buttons I ended up using most were mute on/off, elgato light brightness up/down, end call, and to kick off a timer - either for the meeting duration or as it was running over to force myself to only go another 2 or 5 mins say. 

All of those things can be done other ways but I found them oddly useful to have right there and not need me to go look at the keyboard or mouse 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I use mine a fair bit for Zoom and Teams. Camera and mic mutes, raise hand. The timer thing is a good idea. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26849
    <space for hire>
    I think I’m going to buy a physical one.
    I often have my iPad as a third screen for other stuff. 

Just have to decide which size of Stream Deck.

Occasionally. But not like I used to.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26849

Occasionally. But not like I used to.
    Me neither, to be fair - I installed it last night just to see if it runs on Linux (it does, and brilliantly), and logged in for the first time in about three years.

I can imagine this app would've been really useful back when I was playing it regularly, though.
    <space for hire>
    Definitely - and a lot cheaper than buying dedicated flight panels.

I play for maybe an hour every couple of months - just to shoot stuff for fun. 

Cant even remember where my main ship is. Just somewhere where the Nav Beacon is really close to a station.
    Sporky said:
    I use mine a fair bit for Zoom and Teams. Camera and mic mutes, raise hand. The timer thing is a good idea. 
    Also I use 'mutedeck' to get zoom/teams/meet controls that stay on the same button and work in whichever meeting software is actually active - it's paid but neat. 

Red ones are better. 
    Mmm.

Do I go for the little new Neo version with 8 buttons and dedicated page turners, or the more expensive 15 button version where I'd have to assign 2 as page turners, leaving 13.

Decisions!
    Both! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Mmm.

Do I go for the little new Neo version with 8 buttons and dedicated page turners, or the more expensive 15 button version where I'd have to assign 2 as page turners, leaving 13.

Decisions!
    I've got an old one that my XL replaced (it's whatever the size down was)  - if I can dig it out I'd sell you it 
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:
    Mmm.

Decisions!
    I've got an old one that my XL replaced (it's whatever the size down was)  - if I can dig it out I'd sell you it 
    Is it a Mk2?

Also - WTF do you want 32 buttons for on the XL?

You playing Flight Sims?
    Actually I'm going to get an XL.

I spent some time working out what I would like to use it for - including my favourite Excel controls and so on, and decided I want a minimum of page flipping.

So the XL it is.

I see there are a few Third Party providers of Excel packs. I'll have a look to see if I want to work out how to do them myself or save some money and buy them.
    See - you worked out the attraction of the XL - page flipping annoyed me 

At the time, I was using Ecamm - selecting video sources, changing scenes, adjusting the light, and managing calls/mute/camera - was just easier 

I barely use it now - but the crutch of not fumbling around to end a call or adjust the light is hard to ditch 
    Red ones are better. 
    I reckon I can have just one page for all my common work stuff with the XL.
    Just made a lot more sense than trying to remember what page a thing was on.

It will be here on Wednesday.

This will naturally mean the XXL will be launched on Thursday and that the XL will have a price reduction.
    I have Spotify controls on my main page too. Including add to/remove from liked tracks in case either something good comes on in Release Radar or Discover Weekly, or something I'm bored of comes on shuffle.