SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Gibson ES-335

danpittmandanpittman Frets: 6
edited May 13 in Guitars £
Is anyone looking to sell a 335 near Essex/Herts? Seen some I like the look of on Reverb/eBay/etc. but they're all quite far away and top end used value. I'd like to try before I buy and I'm trying to avoid driving a long way to not bond with the guitar. Normally happy to drive up to a 100km radius of Harlow.

- Slim/60s neck profile
- I don't like red/cherry
- Gloss or satin finish considered
- Dots over blocks
- I'd like to keep it as close to £2k as posslble

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• johnswissjohnswiss Frets: 394
    2018 Gibson dot ES335, a great player with case/certificate etc. It has a deepish scratch on the lower horn, although it's in the black area of the burst and not through to bare wood so it's not that noticeable under normal standing back conditions, but get in close and it's there. There enough to probably not put it in the over 2k to 2.5k bracket. I'd take 1900, based in Worcestershire. Cheers

• danpittmandanpittman Frets: 6
    Hey @johnswiss - Thanks! I really appreciate the offer but the colour isn't for me. GLWTS!
  • remjohnremjohn Frets: 0
    edited May 13
    Hi. I'm in Southend and have a 335 for sale at the moment. It's an antique burst. Don't think I'd get close to 2k on it but we can see what might work if you're interested. I have it listed on reverb and gumtree, not sure if linking is allowed. Haven't put it on here yet. I was after 2750 but can see what's possible. 

It's '50s profile but very comfortable, not fat. Dot inlays, gloss etc. 

Plus, it's only about 7.5lb.
  • danpittmandanpittman Frets: 6
    Hy @remjohn thanks for the offer, looks really nice! I think that's bit too high for me at the moment but thanks anyway!
  • skaguitarskaguitar Frets: 977
    I have this for sale at the moment…a rare es336

https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/259912/for-sale-gibson-es336-1650

im in Bedfordshire…message if it’s of any interest :)

• “To play a wrong note is insignificant; to play without passion is inexcusable.”